Trouble activating Maschine on a new computer.

Options
chaseav
chaseav Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I've had trouble activating my maschine software on my new computer. After downloading native access, I logged in and noticed that the maschine factory library and Maschine software didn't show up. I typed in all my serial numbers, it says that I've successful registered the software.

Supposedly, the maschine software and factory library should become downloadable via Native Access, but after I click ok nothing comes up. I've refreshed it, I've deleted xml files, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling every aspect, downloading legacy installers for the individual products and loading them and registering them, but nothing will activate my maschine software and factory library. I've submitted a ticket to the customer support but haven't gotten a response yet. I've had my new laptop for days without being able to use maschine, it's driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• chaseav
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes I did, turns out i simply thought my device cane with maschine software 2.0, because they do now, but it is a 99$ upgrade if you were an early purchaser of certain maschine controllers (mine was the mikro mk2). Without this update there is apparently a workaround that takes many steps to run maschine 1.x on a modern mac computer, reach out to online support to get that info.. Hope this description helps anyone else who comes across this question, it wasn’t very straightforward or obvious. Also, no love for the people that bought Native Instruments before 2013? We were early fans, shouldn’t the upgrade be free or heavily discounted?

regardless, thanks for checking in, maschine 2.0 is now running smoothly.

Answers

• DodMod
    DodMod Member Posts: 61 Helper
    Options

This may seem like an obvious question but did you check the 'Available' tab within Native Access?

This is where you will find any software / instruments that are available to download.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@chaseav I believe my colleagues got back to you with installers for Maschine 1 and recommended to update to Maschine 2. It looks like you did update. Is everything working now?

• chaseav
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes I did, turns out i simply thought my device cane with maschine software 2.0, because they do now, but it is a 99$ upgrade if you were an early purchaser of certain maschine controllers (mine was the mikro mk2). Without this update there is apparently a workaround that takes many steps to run maschine 1.x on a modern mac computer, reach out to online support to get that info.. Hope this description helps anyone else who comes across this question, it wasn’t very straightforward or obvious. Also, no love for the people that bought Native Instruments before 2013? We were early fans, shouldn’t the upgrade be free or heavily discounted?

regardless, thanks for checking in, maschine 2.0 is now running smoothly.