Maschine MK3 won't boot on Windows 10

Options
shakh
shakh Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Maschine

I've used my Maschine MK3 for a few years with no issues. I haven't used the software in a while and have been main;y using the device as an audio interface in the meantime.

Last week I decided to make some beats and although Maschine software loaded fine - the controller just displays the Native Instruments/Sound production system logos on the screens without booting up properly.

I updated my windows 10 OS, I updated the Maschine software and also the firmware for the device. I followed the troubleshooting guides available (all is ok) and tried a different cable and different USB ports - nothing helps. All NI related background services are running fine.

The odd thing is the same Machine mk3 device with the same cable works on my laptop with no issues - just my PC workstation, and it used to work fine on there. My S61 Komplete Keyboard also works fine on the PC with the same cable, in the same port with the same Maschine software.

I booted Controller Editor - can't connect to the device. In Maschine software, it doesn't see any hardware attached at all.

wtf is going on it's driving me mental! BTW the Maschine mk3 device still works as an audio interface for my pc.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like it might be a driver issue. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the MK3 drivers?

Answers

• Mark Oxley
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like it might be a driver issue. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the MK3 drivers?

• shakh
    Options
  • shakh
    Options

Hi Mark, I tried this one last time and it worked - thanks for the prompt!

• shakh
    Options

For any other users experiencing the same issue - I already had the latest driver installed but an uninstall and reinstall did the trick for some reason.

• Mark Oxley
    Options

Glad to of helped.

Its a mystery how sometimes drivers get corrupted but if hardware stops working i always look at the drivers first when trouble shooting.

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer
    Options

The audio driver for the mk3 has bugs. I’ve been using the mk3 as an audio interface, and experience problems all the time when the device hasn’t been used for awhile. The blue screen of death is my fav when turning the device off. One time this happened on a dell laptop (turning mk3 off) and it actually bricked the device completely lmfao.

• Mark Oxley
    Options

I used to get blue screens a lot when powering off the Maschine MK3 too. Since i sold it and now use a separate audio interface I've not had a single blue screen in windows 10. The drivers are definitely not stable!

• jt maher
    Options

At this point, purchasing a new audio interface will actually save me money in the long run. To keep using the mk3 as an audio interface knowing that it could potentially break my computer again is disheartening to say the least! What audio interface do you use now that you have sold your mk3?

• Mark Oxley
    Options

The Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD interface is working great for me.

• jt maher
    Options

Thanks! Going to buy this, and use it. Love getting good hardware recommendations. I swear to god if the mk3 audio interface/driver crashes my computer one more time I am going officespace the mk3 controller with a sledgehammer lool