Midi/GBand issue

Options
Contamina-502
Contamina-502 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Maschine

using Maschine Mk3, everything set up/routed properly, all that. just making beats at home, usually using line-out into mixers, all that. sometimes ill switch to midi, but that lead me to this.

very odd issue I am having, I do apologize in advance if this is an easy fix in which I have yet to come across, but I have tried everything I can think of and still not solved.

when using the MK3 for midi in GarageBand (I know its not the best program, but bear with me), I do the normal steps, create software instrument track, all that. when attempting to use Maschine 2 as my AU plugin, the track is showing a signal, I can hear sounds, track is armed to record but when I record there is nothing being recorded. all other Native AU plugins work fine, record fine etc. I realize I could simply use Komplete Kontrol, but Maschine 2 has arrangements and kits that I want to use.

additionally, under audio/midi controller settings in garageband, it its not showing the MK3 as the controller when connected. I figured I can disregard that since I am getting sounds/signals etc. just wasn't sure if this was also something that is problematic.

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming extremely frustrating. thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Contamina-502
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply, very much appreciated.

Just tried a quick test and yes, notes do get recorded in Maschine2AU. Based on what you said, I would have to assume this is a GarageBand issue. I am using a MacBook, so perhaps the issue is not just with the iPad versions. I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't some incorrect process being done on my end.

Again, not the hugest deal, Komplete Kontrol AU works 100% and gets recorded just fine so I can certainly manage for now. My thing was a very specific kit/setup I wanted to start with and Komplete Kontrol would not load the plugin for it, I assume due to the fact that I do not have Battery installed yet.

Thank you again for your reply.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

Are you using Maschine in controller mode to control all functionalities of Maschine 2 AU? Do the things you play get recorded inside of the AU? (This would be the normal behavior, not the recording appearing in GB piano roll)

That said…I recall that GB (at least the iPad version) had some limitations about what can be done inside of it

• Contamina-502
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply, very much appreciated.

Just tried a quick test and yes, notes do get recorded in Maschine2AU. Based on what you said, I would have to assume this is a GarageBand issue. I am using a MacBook, so perhaps the issue is not just with the iPad versions. I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't some incorrect process being done on my end.

Again, not the hugest deal, Komplete Kontrol AU works 100% and gets recorded just fine so I can certainly manage for now. My thing was a very specific kit/setup I wanted to start with and Komplete Kontrol would not load the plugin for it, I assume due to the fact that I do not have Battery installed yet.

Thank you again for your reply.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

Based on what you say…I don’t know if this is related to any kind of issue. This is the normal behavior of Maschine AU. It records the patterns within itself.

If you want to record the midi in the DAW and having it controlling Maschine AU, there is a more complex setup to do. You must set up a midi track that will send the notes you record in it to the track with Maschine AU. And to have Maschine HW in controller mode to “drive” Maschine 2 but having the midi notes recorded in the other midi track, you must set up Maschine 2 sounds slots to send midi to the aforementioned track

• Contamina-502
    Options

That is very good news. If I hit a roadblock in the setup process, I'll come back to the thread.

Again, I very much appreciate the help, thank you!

• Contamina-502
    Options

all is up and running nicely, couple setup adjustments done as you suggested, seeing notes getting recorded was a very nice thing. thank you again, this was driving me crazy.