How to Reset a Parameter/Knob in Maschine? (Modulation)

Options
RafaelsTracks
RafaelsTracks Member Posts: 24 Member
edited August 2023 in Maschine

Hi all,

I am a Maschine mk3 user since 1 year and I really like the whole workflow (once you got it πŸ˜…) and I'm producing whole tracks with the arranger as well. Now my question:

There is a function in the Machine software that you can double-click the parameter/knob, so it jumps to the default position. Can you do that on the controller as well?

The whole automation/modulation can be really frustrating. IMO, it is really important to have a standard position for every knob, because you would screw up the whole modulation if you turn a knob and then forget the position afterwards. I know that you can do that via Lock States, but the problem is that this always saves everything including mutes etc. which can be really annoying for my purpose.

Since I am producing a lot on the controller, I am also thinking of getting the M+. But right now there are just too many features and visualizations in the software which aren't implemented in the controller, like the modulation for example, what makes me hesitate.

PS: This feature would still be soooo important: (!!!)

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer βœ“
    Options

@RafaelsTracks There is no such function available on the controller (mk3 or Plus). Unfortunately I doubt this will ever be implemented.

• RafaelsTracks
    Answer βœ“
    Options

btw. I bought the Maschine Jam and it is possible there if you hold Control and double tap the parameter!

Deleting automation of only one modulator still not possible, unfortunately. But you can just press and hold the parameter at zero.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer βœ“
    Options

@RafaelsTracks There is no such function available on the controller (mk3 or Plus). Unfortunately I doubt this will ever be implemented.

• RafaelsTracks
    Answer βœ“
    Options

btw. I bought the Maschine Jam and it is possible there if you hold Control and double tap the parameter!

Deleting automation of only one modulator still not possible, unfortunately. But you can just press and hold the parameter at zero.