I need to Uninstall all native Instruments for a fresh start after messing up

Options
jeff groom
jeff groom Member Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2023 in Native Access

I installed external hard drive but made the mistake of cut and paste all from public documents into what I thought was the correct way However everything end ended up in the wrong places so I deleted the external hard drive. Native Access has been trying to download everything again. I put the Preferences back to default but now it's not going to the correct apps. etc. Repair can't find them. Reinstalling 1 at a time installs quite a lot but in The wrong places (error include, 'Plug in not found) after searching all the files and suggestions from NI help web pages and How To's. Please forgive me. I have windows 11 64bit. My C drive 1tb. was nearly full. I now have enough room after moving my music and video collection to the new 1tb external. Will uninstalling NI and possibly Native Access then reinstall everything solve this major mess up I've made myself. There are more than 155 installs to carry out, I've been at this for 6 days and night trying to solve this.

Best Answer

• jeff groom
    Answer ✓
    Options

This problem was solved with guidance from- Franky ni Product Support -. Although I'd changed preferences in NA to default, emptied my external Hard Drive ,also formatted it. Franky indirectly pointed me to the NI uninstall Reg Tool. of which found on the Formatted external Hard Drive a left over NI Library folder, That was, I believe causing some sort of a conflict with replacing everything / reinstalling etc. back on to my main C Drive. The Default button at the bottom of the Preferences page in Native access seems a bit 'hit & miss'. But I couldn't find a decent explanation of how that button is supposed to work. However until the next time that Imess things, all seems good so far. I am still greatly impressed by The Product Support Team & the I.T. behind it. Thanks again Jeff

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Here is how to uninstall programs and libraries on Windows: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Windows Computer

Then setup your install paths again: How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access

For Kontakt libraries you might not have to reinstall them, you can use the "locate" function: Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries

• jeff groom
    Options

I had already tried all of your suggestions, many times and quite a few more, nothing solves my problem . Although I did solve most . I've been in touch and waiting a reply from The main help desk mainly regarding Preferences in Native access. There is a download that is stuck installing and it won' let me change the 'Content location' or cancel the installation. This stops me contining another install. This particular install points to an External Hard Drive of which is now empty . The File Location of which it won't allow to stop the install so that I can re-install to the default location in preferences Native Access It won't show 'Repair' either. However, I am most grateful for your reply. As always I do recognise Native Instruments a Cut above all others for it's app's and guidance. Thankyou.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@jeff groom It looks like the issue was solved finally, can you share what fixed it?

• jeff groom
    Answer ✓
    Options

This problem was solved with guidance from- Franky ni Product Support -. Although I'd changed preferences in NA to default, emptied my external Hard Drive ,also formatted it. Franky indirectly pointed me to the NI uninstall Reg Tool. of which found on the Formatted external Hard Drive a left over NI Library folder, That was, I believe causing some sort of a conflict with replacing everything / reinstalling etc. back on to my main C Drive. The Default button at the bottom of the Preferences page in Native access seems a bit 'hit & miss'. But I couldn't find a decent explanation of how that button is supposed to work. However until the next time that Imess things, all seems good so far. I am still greatly impressed by The Product Support Team & the I.T. behind it. Thanks again Jeff

• Damian B
    Damian B Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options
    Having same issue, Drive letter reassigned by Op after removing HD and reinserting. Native access says cant find many titles and reinstall and repair did not work so manually reassigned location. Another funny thing was that it installed the application files on my c drive after I indicated I wanted them on my external drive. I want to do delete everything and do a clean install. The reg tool uninstalls one at a time. This will take too long and drive me crazier than I already am. Can I delete the reg entries and files manually and then download and install again, or will this cause problems.