maschine 2 - recording pattern ONLY to a specific group

Options
Conos25
Conos25 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I am using Maschine with Cubase. I' ve manage to send every group to one channel. The problem is that when a try to record a pattern on Maschine it creates patterns to all groups that receives Midi In, from Cubase.

FOR EXAMPLE: On Group A I have an instrument and I record midi part on Cubase directly. On Group B I have a drum kit and I want to record a pattern. If I try to record live in maschine using the pads it receives midi on Group A and creating a pattern there.

So the thing is : can you record only to a specific group a pattern even IF maschine receives midi information to other groups?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

no that´s not possible, maschine has no arm feature, but you can drag and drop midi from cubase into maschine plugin, btw a great feature.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

no that´s not possible, maschine has no arm feature, but you can drag and drop midi from cubase into maschine plugin, btw a great feature.

• Conos25
    Conos25 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

You can also configure it in a different way and route midi from Maschine to the DAW . Maschine HW will still control Maschine in controller mode, even if you record the midi on DAWs tracks. A better way to integrate Maschine controller into DAWs imo.

Not so fast to explain…have a look on YouTube and you’ll find many tutorials. I’ll link you to the most direct, short and clear I found. It’s in French (but you can put subtitles) and it’s for Ableton, but you will understand what I mean: