Komplete Audio 6 (MkI in this case) and the Mac Keyboard

Options
Square Leg
Square Leg Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi All

I have just installed a new system: Mac Studio M2 Max / OS 13.5 (Ventura) / running Logic 10.7.8.

To my amazement - and horror - it appears I now have no access to the Komplete Audio 6 output volume via the Mac's keyboard (F10 / F11). Can anyone confirm this troubling news? If this is indeed the case then it's a serious flaw.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Square Leg AFAIK that has always been the case, or at least for a while, before M1 or M2 ever existed. This will not change as this device was discontinued some years ago.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Square Leg AFAIK that has always been the case, or at least for a while, before M1 or M2 ever existed. This will not change as this device was discontinued some years ago.

• Square Leg
    Options

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your reply. Hmm. That is a nuisance. I’ve had this A6 MkI in a cupboard for about 4 years and never used it until now (was using a MOTU 828 previously). Can you tell me: does the A6 MkII offer access to the Mac keyboard volume keys (F10 / F11)? If not, I will probably re-insert the MOTU into the system. It would be an odd omission on the part of NI as, in many cases, I would guess, the unit would be some distance from the keyboard. Getting up and changing the system output volume many times a day would be / is quite an inconvenience.

Thanks

Nick

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 417 Guru
    Options

Very few audio interfaces offer volume control via Mac keyboard. Certainly MOTU and Apogee, can’t recall any other interfaces that offer this functionality.

• Square Leg
    Options

Thanks, Maciej.

Anyone able to confirm whether or not the KA6 MkII output volume can be controlled via the Mac keyboard (F10 / F11)? Would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Square Leg KA6 MK2 behaves the same as MK1 in that department, no control of volume from the Mac keyboard.

• Square Leg
    Options

Thanks, Jeremy.