Can Maschine work on ipad?

Options
2»

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

The only way to use Maschine hardware to control a program on an iPad (Not Maschine software, it doesn’t exist there) is through a computer anyway.

If you plug Maschine to a computer and put it in midi mode, then through some programs you can send the midi messages it produces to an iPad and control an app there with the midi it produces. Most similar program on iPad is imo Beatmaker 3.

But…at this point (having to use a computer anyway) I would use your MK2 where it really shines: its hardware/software integration with Maschine software.

It’s plenty of other midi controllers (even cheap ones) that can be plugged directly to an iPad and will accomplish the task better than a Maschine

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,935 mod
    Options

It's all good don't worry, people are just curious. If you tell me what video specifically perhaps I can explain it, prob way faster than support.

• AlexDeep
    AlexDeep Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited February 3
    Options

Hi, guys! I purchased imaschine on IPad long ago. Now I don't have options to edit my old projects because I can't install inside the app free Quantum collection. Response with an error. Is there any chance to restore full functionality. In case of the problem, I am not sure that the canceled support by NI is the correct way to interact with loyal customers, which paid to NI for they products. I am much upset of it.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

Quantum Collection availability is a long time story. Plus…now iMaschine is EOL, so no chances at all.

Search the forum and you will find quite some thread about all this issue

• logicpromachine
    logicpromachine Member Posts: 37 Member
    Options

hey everyone thanks for helping me understand what i suspected: as usual my Maschine Mikro MK3 is not going to do what I WANT IT TO DO. This is now status quo for Native Instruments. Simply triggering Koala Sampler is all I want to do now because it has a good user interface for making music.

• macchinista
    macchinista Member Posts: 32 Helper
    Options

Sell the Maschine and buy a Roland SP404 MK2. It now has tight integration with Koala, and it’s pretty great on its own as well. The Roland team behind the SP is really listening to users and implementing feedback with great and frequent updates. Some other companies we know could learn from that…

• logicpromachine
    logicpromachine Member Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I have the KORG padKONTROL on the iPad now and it does a great job with Koala Sampler. On the Mac I am running the Mac version of Koala Sampler and triggering it with the Maschine Mikro MK3. In both cases I was able to map the Scenes/Groups to all 4 Sample pages of Koala. If Native Instruments did a better job we would all be up and running with iMaschine instead of Koala. At this point I don't care if NI goes out of business because now that Koala is here nothing else is needed.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 611 Guru
    edited April 25
    Options

You'd need to jailbreak your iPad and get it running MacOS somehow, then it might work.. (I only heard rumours about such a possibility and know nothing about how to actually pull it off, you'd probably need to be well versed in hackintosh etc modding and iPad jailbreaking)

• D-One
    edited May 6
    Options

No Hackintosh knowledge is required but the only way I am aware is indeed jailbreak/sideloading + UTM (virtualized OS), one can even install Windows but it will be very slow… I dont recommend wasting time in this rabbit hole.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 611 Guru
    edited May 10
    Options

Well, I decided to upgrade my old M1 iPad to the spanking new M4 model, so there would be plenty of CPU to burn on something like that soon.. The geekbench single core rating that was just leaked seems hella impressive! Also interesting to see how sideloading will improve for iPadOS now in the EU region, seeing that Apple is being forced to open iPadOS up similarly as they are doing for the iPhone..

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 655 Pro
    Options

that ipad model is super slim… i'd be concerned about the fragility of the unit!!

sheeeesh alot to lose if the screen cracks… hate to be that person

• D-One
    edited May 10
    Options

May I ask why? Are there things you wanted to do on the M1 that it could not handle? Just curious.