Can Maschine work on ipad?

Options
Karfunkal
Karfunkal Member Posts: 7 Member
edited August 2023 in Maschine

I just bought an older model (Maschine Mikro MK1) . I could believe it was still new in the box. Now I am here with my iPad Pro and no clue on how to get started. I’ve downloaded the software but can’t get it to launch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Ernest Daniels
    Ernest Daniels Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

You have to Type the Serial number into Native Access.

look for Add Serial in Native Access, it should be on the left hand side with a "+" symbol next to it.

1. Enter the serial and see it you becomes listed as the registered Owner. Usually the original owner has to remove the serial number from his NI account first in order for you to register the device.

Read this post

• Karfunkal
    Options

The serial number was never registered. This thing is brand new. I have my account and my device is registered. I’ve downloaded Native Access and Native Installer on my iPad Pro but can’t get it to launch. Any suggestions?

• Karfunkal
    Options

My mistake earlier. It is a Mikro MK2.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need a computer; not an ipad

• Karfunkal
    Options

I am messaging with a guy on Instagram and he set up everything via his iPad Pro. Their website states you can set it up on the iPad Pro too. I’m so confused.😁

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,294 Expert
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yes you are ☺️

It is impossible you installed Native Access on an iPad Pro, because this program doesn’t exist there. You must move the file you downloaded on the iPad on a computer and install them there.

Are you sure you are not talking about a Mac? ☺️

In any case, Mikro (or any Maschine) doesn’t work on iPad. They need a computer. As do the programs

• Karfunkal
    Options

I have Native support helping me now. You can use an iPad Pro. Have a great day!

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

You can download files on iPad, just can't install them. Apps are walled through the app store...

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,294 Expert
    edited August 2023
    Options

See suggestions on previous posts. iPad can be used only to download the files, but they won’t work there

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You misinterpreting something, there's no drivers or any sort of software for Maschine in iPad Pro, or any iPad model.

Not even MIDI Mode will work as Maschine controllers arent class-compliant MIDI.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    edited August 2023
    Options

Wouldn't this be a crazy thing if somehow true?

Not saying that it is....

But what a strange way for something to sneak out of the skunkworks.

Something intended to not be public knowledge until this Fall.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

If NI is working on iPadOS software and support somehow leaked that info it would be extra funny... zero chance.

It doesn't make any sense because the user claims they said it's possible, as in, right now... there would be a chance if he had said "support said it will be possible soon."

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Options

Oh please... Let's NOT turn this thread into yet another rambling one about maybe's and what if's. OP wanted help and he received it. Leave it at that.

• Karfunkal
    Options

Wow. My first post to this community and it’s very interesting. I was told it would work, I wasn’t trying to stir the pot. I see videos on YouTube showing some way of making it work with the MK. I’m not claiming I know how but anyone can go see the videos. I have a windows computer that I’ll use instead. I’ll wait to see if Native support will help. Have a great evening.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

You can use ipad together with Maschine. Ipad can not function as a brain, heart and soul of Maschine controller or Maschine 2 software. It can not make it sing or bang.

Connect the controller to Windows pc and enjoy. Come back after a month. Ipad can be set as a companion to Maschine.

Confusion will melt away. People here tell the truth and try to help. Accept.