3.9 Beatport Link issue on windows 10

Options
Stevan
Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,731 mod

After dealing with screen flicker on the S4 and 3.9 for a while now I decided to go back to 3.8 since it is impossible to work with 3.9 unless you are a stroboscope :)

I launched 3.8 from my backup folder and it just starts and closes after a split second. Which is an old issue with Pro 3, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. No such issue on mac machines which I prefer for Djing but I have to use this PC because I'm currently running Traktor on my backup machine with some old AMD GPU.

When I started 3.9 it immediately asked me to login into Beatport Link and I was able to log successfully. I don't know if it is linked to the issue with the backup version (3.8.0.46) not starting but it seems to be related and could hopefully help identify the problem.

Best,

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Options

Hi @Stevan,

that's odd - I have to say though that I have never come across the following behavior:

"Which is an old issue with Pro 3, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't."

Let's first check whether this is in any way related to some content in your Root Dir. Please do the following:

1. Make sure Traktor 3.8 is closed.
    2. Open My Documents -> Native Instruments and rename the folder Traktor 3.8.0 slightly.
    3. Launch Traktor 3.8

Does it open properly?

• Stevan
    Options

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion! I forgot about that trick which worked fine in the past - that's why I say it is re-occuring issue.

I renamed the folder to "Traktor Pro 3.8.0 renamed" and it asked me to import from existing collection or not. I started with new settings and at the Setup Wizzard screen, Traktor crashed.

Then I tried doing the same with out S4 MK3 connected and it started normally after that. However as soon as the S4 MK3 is powered on and detected, Traktor 3.8.0 crashes.

I also had this issue in the past with Kontrol S8 and Pro 3. Crashlogs are not generated when this happens unfortunately.

This issue and Ableton Link issue were the reason I switched to mac, but now that mac died and I'm stuck on my backup PC for a while and would love to have this issue sorted out. Happy to test any other ideas - already tried tweaking everything system wise.

• Markovicz
    Answer ✓
    Options

Aye, thanks for the explanation. I have created a support ticket for you in order to gather some detailed system information. Please check your inbox and follow the steps we are asking for.

For now, please stick with this ticket. Thanks a lot!

• Stevan
    Options

Ok cool - I just sent the support tool file for you to investigate. I hope it helps!

If you need anything else from my side, let me know.

Thanks again for opening a support ticket for me, much appreciated.

• Markovicz
    Options

No worries : )

I strongly hope that this behavior can be understood and fixed, there is nothing more nasty than your performance tool crashing.