[maschine mk3] what midi 5pin din -> trs cable to use

Options
MrBattlehunter
MrBattlehunter Member Posts: 6 Member

I have a maschine mk3 and a Boss FV-500L expression pedal on the way (6.3 TRS jack), I would like to connect it to the MIDI IN of my maschine so i can use a sustain pedal in the pedal input on the mk3.

my question is which cable do i use for this? i couldn't find if the maschine mk3 uses type A or B as far as I saw its nowhere stated in its documentation

would a Boss BMIDI-5-35 (5pin din-> type A 3.5TRS jack) and then use a 3.5trs->6.3trs adapter do the trick? like the Procab CLP206 Classic adapter

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I have tried with one of these cables from Befaco and a small to big jack stereo adapter, connected an expression pedal and it seems the MIDI signal doesn't come through in the Maschne software. It's a type A cable but I doubt B would make a difference here.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

Some cables that are directly 6.3 TRS to 5-pin exist, like the Adam Hall 3 STAR B VMIDI

• MrBattlehunter
    edited July 2023
    Options

hey and thanks, yes i do know those exist (just a bit harder to find 3.5 seems more common) but my main question was about if i would need type A or B and if it would even be able to send it to the midi input

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 348 Guru
    Options

You're using midi on the maschine side; it's wouldn't care about trs a or b. That said; I doubt what you're trying to do would work. I'm not sure I've ever seen an expression or sustain pedal that sends out midi the way you're trying to connect it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I have tried with one of these cables from Befaco and a small to big jack stereo adapter, connected an expression pedal and it seems the MIDI signal doesn't come through in the Maschne software. It's a type A cable but I doubt B would make a difference here.

• MrBattlehunter
    Options

alright, too bad but thanks for trying!