Battery won't load any samples in existing projects after upgrading to Komplete 14

Options
st-h
st-h Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

After upgrading to Komplete 14 when I open an old project, Battery suddenly refuses to load any samples. Unfortunately it also won't display the file name of the sample, so I am unable to try to locate the file manually and add it again. This is pretty bad, as I have no clue which samples I used a few years back when I started those songs. Is there a way to find out which file has been used, that Battery now seems to refuse to load?

I also have a similar issue with provided Kits. It will just display all pads greyed out. When I try to use the dropdown next to the Kit preset and choose File->open recent and select the kit again, it displays an internal error.

I can fix that by loading the preset from the library again, though. Maybe Battery is having issues locating the kit that is being used in my projects? However, with earlier versions, Battery would show a popup which would allow to tell it where the samples on my HD are located. Why is this not showing anymore?

Any ideas how to fix this? This is currently preventing me from working on any of my songs I worked on before upgrading Komplete.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@st-h Sorry for not getting back earlier on this topic. For some reason I lost track of this post, so my apologies!

The bug is another one: BT4-2689

It's not fixed yet and we still don't have an ETA for a fix but it seems this precise bug only affects version 4.3.0 so here is the installer for 4.2.0: Battery 4.2.0

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options
  • st-h
    Options

@LostInFoundation thanks for your comment. However, it appears this is about a different issue - they might be related, as they are both about the same part of the plugin, notably initialising correctly when reopening a session/project. I am not seeing the missing samples window, which makes it difficult to workaround the issue manually. This thread https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11758/battery-cells-not-loading-greyed-out-cells#latest seems to be about a similar issue, however the only response has been that NI plans to address the issue, but it already is 3 months old without any further updates, which is a bit dated considering the severity and impact of this issue.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

I completely agree. There are bugs to which they answered the same thing and one year later the situation remains the same…

Frankly they don’t really feel the duty to fix things, which is quite scandalous

• st-h
    Options

@LostInFoundation thanks for sharing your experience with those issues. Maybe they aren't aware how severe this bug may be, but that's just a guess...

I think I'll talk to sales about this. I haven't been upgrading Komplete for a few years and I must say I am quite a bit disappointed. I had quite some hope in the new sounds, but turns out a lot of them just seem to target users that aren't familiar with how to program or play instruments yourself. Action Strikes is a good example, it mostly provides patterns combined with sounds that aren't that good in the end. And I'd rather be able to continue to work on my projects instead of having all the newest sound libraries. Maybe there is a way to downgrade...

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Another sore point…

The only way to downgrade is if they send you the installations for previous versions, since they don’t put them anymore on their site…

Welcome to the new NI…

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 2023
    Options

@st-h This looks a little different from the BT-2680 bug. Do you remember which version you were using before the update and this started? Do Logic and Battery have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Where are your kits stored, on an external hard drive? What format is it?

• st-h
    edited July 2023
    Options

This looks a little different from the BT-2680 bug.

@Jeremy_NI Yes, I have run into that bug before upgrading as well. However this seems to be the same issue as mentioned in this thread https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11758/battery-cells-not-loading-greyed-out-cells#latest

Do Logic and Battery have full disk access?

I have enabled full disk access for logic, but it did not make any difference. The issue persists.

Battery wasn't listed in the full disk access settings, so I added it manually. However, this is a standalone application, but I am using battery as a plugin in logic. Therefor I doubt that this will actually be the cause for this issue. I enabled it anyway, but the issue still persists.

Where are your kits stored, on an external hard drive?

Both. I moved the factory samples to an external hard drive. However, because of BT-2680 I stored the kits that are used in the project on my internal HD, where the logic project also resides. Both factory kits and the ones I stored due to the other bug won't load. So, I don't think location matters here.

Do you remember which version you were using before the update and this started?

I think I have been able to pull that information from a backup. Looks like I was using Battery 4.2.0 (R0).

Is there a way to downgrade again, so I can at least get stuff done?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@st-h Sorry for not getting back earlier on this topic. For some reason I lost track of this post, so my apologies!

The bug is another one: BT4-2689

It's not fixed yet and we still don't have an ETA for a fix but it seems this precise bug only affects version 4.3.0 so here is the installer for 4.2.0: Battery 4.2.0