Assigning Super 8 to Novation impulse

Options
OllyCremin
OllyCremin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, I'm having trouble assigning the super 8 to my Novation Impulse keyboard/controller in Ableton live. It works with other plugins (like Massive X) so the midi preferences are definitely on. It works for the first encoder knob and if I move another effect on Super 8 it will change to the new effect but only on the same first encoder/knob, none of the other knobs seem to work. I've tried midi learn which doesn't seem to be active in Super 8 and I've tried playing with CC configurations.. I'm sure I've had no problem in the past, usually auto maps! Any suggestion I'll be grateful :)

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The point is Super 8 VST has been abandoned and substituted with a version that is a Reaktor ensemble

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Are you using Super 8 in its VST version or the “new” Reaktor ensemble version?

• OllyCremin
    OllyCremin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi thanks for responding. It's VST version in Ableton Live. So do you think it needs to be used with Reaktor? I've not really touched Reaktor yet. I believe it should be able to control Super 8 just as a VST in Ableton. As I say one of the encoders is working but non of the others. It's strange because it's like midi learn is on all the time, what ever I move on Super 8, that same encoder will change to move the new that new thing I just moved, which is very annoying. Also as mentioned, all the other encoders work fine in other VST's like Massive X. I was just hoping I missed something in Super 8 but there's not much to it, so beats me!

• LostInFoundation
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The point is Super 8 VST has been abandoned and substituted with a version that is a Reaktor ensemble