Komplete Audio 6 Mk1 vs Mk 2

Options
adrian dix
adrian dix Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi

I am using a Komplete Audio 6 Mk1 at the moment.

Is there any advantage in buying a Mk 2 now that we have windows 11 ?

Does the Mk 2 have a lower latency ?

Best Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is a good answer for you:

"Native Instruments’ KA6 Mk2 is undoubtedly a step up from the original unit, the Komplete Audio 6, which only had a maximum sample rate of 96 kHz. The interface is now capable of recording up to 192 kHz at 24-bits, which should be a huge sigh of relief for anybody working in film or gaming.

The original model (Mk1) was limited – best suitable for hobbyists or lo-fi bedroom artists in need of a mic input or two. But on Mk2, Native Instruments has been able to re-imagine the KA6 in such a way, that the unit is now a totally viable option for professional producers. Producers and DJs can plan to utilize it during live performances as well, which simply wasn’t possible before."

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Windows 10 drivers will work on Windows 11.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is a good answer for you:

"Native Instruments’ KA6 Mk2 is undoubtedly a step up from the original unit, the Komplete Audio 6, which only had a maximum sample rate of 96 kHz. The interface is now capable of recording up to 192 kHz at 24-bits, which should be a huge sigh of relief for anybody working in film or gaming.

The original model (Mk1) was limited – best suitable for hobbyists or lo-fi bedroom artists in need of a mic input or two. But on Mk2, Native Instruments has been able to re-imagine the KA6 in such a way, that the unit is now a totally viable option for professional producers. Producers and DJs can plan to utilize it during live performances as well, which simply wasn’t possible before."

• adrian dix
    Options

Thanks

I'm more interested in the latency and working with the latest Windows version.

It doesn't seem to say anything about that

• Sunborn
    edited July 2023
    Options

"In terms of latency, from the buffer size menu, you can select all the way down to an almost mythical 8 samples. Most interfaces rarely give you an option below 32 samples".

Note: Always remember, Google is your friend... :-)

• adrian dix
    Options

Thanks

I'll check this out as i'm looking for a newer pc that can do Windows 11 as well

Be nice to get N.I drivers for Windows 11

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Windows 10 drivers will work on Windows 11.

• adrian dix
    Options

Thank you.

• Honga
    Honga Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 29
    Options

Owners report problems with SPDIF and distorted sound is it fixed?
    "This is not an update to MK1, this is worse than the original. It is no longer possible to choose the clock source which is a huge issue when using SPDIF. There is no manual or detailed feature description for this product in existence (at least there wasn't when it was released). Useless for SPDIF which was the reason I bought this."

"I deliberately purchased the Komplete Audio 6 MK2 interface as an ALL in one solution, both as a DAW in conjunction with Samplitude and as an external sound card for my HP Elitebook workstation laptop (Intel I7 8x1.68 Ghz, 16Gb RAM). The installation and integration into Windows and recording software went smoothly. What can I say - latency top, sound top, handling also great - but after about 15 minutes my euphoria wore off and the sound output suddenly appeared distorted. All possible solutions, such as increasing the buffer size, reducing the sampling rate, activating the energy options of WIN 10 to maximum performance, and using the LatencyMon analysis software did not produce a satisfactory result. In order to use this part, do I have to buy a laptop of the latest generation? I really thought the thing was plug and play, my problem couldn't be solved using the help function on the NativeInstruments site, I find the service to be terrible, clicking on the support button leads to nothing. This interface is certainly a fine device and I would have liked to have written a good review. But the bug in the sound output makes it unusable for me. If something changes for the better, I will happily give more stars."
    https://www.thomann.de/se/native_instruments_komplete_audio_6_mk2_reviews.htm?ar=465732&page=1&order=0&rating=1&reviewlang%5B%5D=all