Reaktor presets not loading in Komplete Kontrol

Options
Vaultnaemsae
Vaultnaemsae Member Posts: 9 Member

I’m unable to launch Reaktor presets in Komplete Kontrol (macOS Ventura M1) via the preset browser/left panel when running the standard application — it only works under Rosetta 2. KK gives me a message about a VST/VST3 compatibility issue. All apps are up to date via Native Access 2 so can’t understand why there would be any issue.

Being that both applications are now Apple Silicon native, is there any reason/solution for this? I’d like to get away from using Rosetta wherever possible.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Vaultnaemsae
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Both: Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 Player.

So I reinstalled Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig 6 Pro, Kontakt 6, Kontakt 7 Player, Massive and Massive X but it still wouldn't work...

THEN!!!! I had a sudden recollection that some years ago I "foolishly" tried to make a custom folder in macOS's default VST location to put all the NI plugins in so they would be easier to access in Live 11. This broke all preset connections in Komplete Kontrol. Turns out this applies to the VST3 folder also.

When I moved all NI VST3 plugins out of their custom "Native Instruments"-labeled VST3 folder within the default VST3 location the problem devices start loading again. But now many third party NKS plugins (Waldorf, Synapse Audio, EastWest) are broken for some reason. I deleted the database files for KK and rescanned to see if it would find the third-party content again but it hasn't worked yet.

Anyway, at least the NI content is working now.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,773 mod
    Options

It should work for sure - works for me on similar setup. Reaktor used to install lots of VST versions so maybe you have an old plugin still lurking in your plugins folder? Try a search and delete for every VST2 Reaktor plugin then reinstall

• Vaultnaemsae
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks for the input. I didn't have any stray VST2 files upon checking.

Also, it seems the problem is wider than I thought originally. Kontakt instruments are also not loading in KK. I tried removing and uninstalling all KK components and then reinstalling it. It made no difference at all other than that I lost 30 minutes of my life to the process.

What could I be missing here? I'm guessing it must be something really obvious. I'm really not keen to do a full NI suite reinstall if I can possibly avoid it.

Next I'm going to try reinstalling Reaktor and Kontakt and see if that has any effect.

• Kymeia
    Options

Kontakt 6 or 7?

• Vaultnaemsae
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Both: Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 Player.

So I reinstalled Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig 6 Pro, Kontakt 6, Kontakt 7 Player, Massive and Massive X but it still wouldn't work...

THEN!!!! I had a sudden recollection that some years ago I "foolishly" tried to make a custom folder in macOS's default VST location to put all the NI plugins in so they would be easier to access in Live 11. This broke all preset connections in Komplete Kontrol. Turns out this applies to the VST3 folder also.

When I moved all NI VST3 plugins out of their custom "Native Instruments"-labeled VST3 folder within the default VST3 location the problem devices start loading again. But now many third party NKS plugins (Waldorf, Synapse Audio, EastWest) are broken for some reason. I deleted the database files for KK and rescanned to see if it would find the third-party content again but it hasn't worked yet.

Anyway, at least the NI content is working now.

• Vaultnaemsae
    edited July 2023
    Options

In closing, it’s worth noting the third-party NKS libraries I mentioned are operating as expected. Some hadn’t been updated (Synapse) and others are simply not compatible with VST3 yet (EastWest, Waldorf). Many hours later, the lesson has been (re)learned. I’ll stick to Rosetta for full (ahem “Komplete”) access. Would be good to be able to filter out the broken libraries in KK. The previews still work fine, they just can’t be loaded and it appears that at least one group of those will never be updated by its developer.

• Kymeia
    Options

You will need to rescan all plugins too then (making sure KK has the right paths)