The "88 Key" symbol disappears when I change tabs Komplete 13 / Ableton 11

Options
sethsmind
sethsmind Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I have my plug in's running through Ableton 11. I have all of my Plug in tabs open on a second monitor for easy access. Every time I click a different instrument or plug in the "88 Key" symbol that lets my S88 keyboard know to switch to new browser I clicked disappears. So I have to go back to close out the plug in, go back to the first monitor, click the "Wrench" symbol and the "88 Key" option is back again. I need to find out how to keep the "88 Key" symbol there when switching tabs on the fly my S88 controller shows what I just picked

. Pic attached.... I have looked all over online for a fix and nothing. Thanks!

Best Answer

• sethsmind
    Answer ✓
    Options

Problem SOLVED !!!!!

I had the setting Highlighted in the picture set to "None" so Ableton was not recognizing the S88.

Thank you to all who tried to help!!!!!

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,603 Expert
    Options

Instead of clicking a plugin have you tried to use the keyboard to navigate between tracks? The keyboard does not connect to an instance when you click it, the track has to be armed for the instance to gain focus automatically.

• sethsmind
    Options

Hi Jester... Thank you for the reply

The toggle stick on the S88 moves between tracks but once you leave one track for another "Battery to Flesh" for example the "88 Key" icon disappears and turns to "MIDI" icon and will not show the current instrument/Track on the S88, it will still be showing the first one used. Then you have to close and re open with Wrench icon for S88 to show correct again. Wish we could do a zoom call so I could show exactly what is happening in real time. I tried with all tracks armed and all tracks not armed.

I just want to switch between the loaded instruments I have in real time.... has to be a way for this to work.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

Hello,

This is not a real problem, in fact it is a very normal behavior. When you run your controller inside a DAW, it usually works in MIDI mode, thus you see the MIDI icon. It is not a bug.

• sethsmind
    Options

So how do I switch instruments in Ableton and have the S88 controller recognize the switch? I change the setting in Ableton and the browser on the S88 stays on the same thing.

Example: If I have Ableton open with "Battery" the S88 Browser displays "Battery" then switch to "Butch Vig" or "Flesh" on Ableton and the S88 Browser display still reads "Battery" and the lit keys are still lit for "Battery" unless I manually close out and re open then "Butch Vig" or "Flesh" are now on the Browser. How do I get Ableton to recognize the change?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

No matter what you choose on Ableton, if the S88 still has the other instrument loaded, then it will show the previous instrument. So, you need to load the new instrument on S88 first. Then, logically the Ableton will follow.

• sethsmind
    Options

I made a You Tube video

Forum said "I have to be around longer to post a link"

This is the You Tube video title: HELP -- S88 + Komplete Kontrol 13 ultimate +Ableton Live 11

by Sethsmind

• sethsmind
    Answer ✓
    Options

Problem SOLVED !!!!!

I had the setting Highlighted in the picture set to "None" so Ableton was not recognizing the S88.

Thank you to all who tried to help!!!!!