Traktor Pro 3 and Maschine 2 Won't Launch
Apologies if this is a duplicate or anything, I tried to do a search but couldn't find any post similar to the issue I've been having.
I have been unable to launch both Traktor Pro 3 and Maschine 2 after rebooting my computer once several weeks ago.
When I launch Traktor or Maschine, a task shows up in task manager, but no window ever opens, and in addition the task has no CPU or Disk draw.
As well, the log seems to show that traktor never gets past the initial startup, and my log is exclusively these 4 lines every time I launch traktor:
Traktor also does not produce a crashlog when it fails to start
I am using Traktor Pro 3.9.0 currently, I was using this version fine without issue as well before the issue started happening.
In trying to debug this issue, I have taken all of the steps I've tried with my S4 MK3 and Maschine MK3 unplugged and with the drivers uninstalled so as to try and rule out the issue being hardware related.
I've also generally been trying to get Traktor working again primarily, so most of the steps I've tried were specifically trying to get Traktor to launch again since the issue seems linked to both applications for some reason.
I have tried all the steps in the support article titled "My NI Software Crashes at Startup (Windows)" but none of these had any effect on the issue:
specifically I tried;
- Deleting the USER registry entries for Traktor, uninstalling traktor, rebooting, and reinstalling
- Deleting my traktor collection file and database (traktor never gets to the point to repopulate either of these)
- Ensuring I'm running the latest version of windows
- Updating my graphics drivers (I also tried installing an older version of the graphics drivers, neither had any effect)
- Ensuring I only have one monitor plugged in, and the default scaling is set to default
- Disabling my anti-virus
- Running Traktor as administrator
- Ensuring all of my audio devices are set to the same sample rate (I tried setting everything to 44100 and 48000, neither had any effect on the issue)
- Updating my sound card drivers (I downloaded the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturers website, but this had no effect either)
Outside of that I also tried completely removing everything Native Instruments related, including the documents NI folder, the appdata NI folders, the programfiles NI folders, and the NI registry entries, and everything related to Native Access before restarting my PC and then reinstalling everything.
I also tried running my PC in safe mode and launching traktor, but that didn't have any effect either.
I also have backup installations of Traktor 3.8.0, 3.6.1, and 3.5.3, but all of those backup installs have the same issue and won't start.
If any more information is needed I'd be happy to provide it, I'm at a loss for how to fix this outside of a complete reinstall of windows, however this will be the 3rd time in the last year that I've had to do a fresh install of windows because Native Instruments software specifically was having issues.
I would really like to be able to resolve this without having to do another reinstall of windows and to take the long time to get all my tools setup again on the new install.
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 738 Hangout
- 73 NI News
- 347 Tech Talks
- 1.6K Native Access
- 7.2K Komplete
- 932 Komplete General
- 1.7K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.6K Kontakt
- 651 Reaktor
- 227 Battery 4
- 391 Guitar Rig & FX
- 263 Massive X & Synths
- 386 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.1K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3.8K Traktor
- 3.5K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators