Delayed DevTalks and Status of Native Access

Options

Comments

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 238 Advisor
    Options

@Hayo_NI Thankyou for your response, and your efforts toward transparency is very much appreciated.

To be clear. If this is mostly to do with piracy then I'll say this. Piracy is a rotten plague which in the long run affects us all. I absolutely understand that you have to protect your products. Of course I don't know all the ins and outs of that process but at the same time I don't want my computer continually being required to authenticate/activate through NA and hence hooked up to the internet in order to run.

It gives me good hope, when I updated to K14 CE that its still stated in your website documentation, plus what you've said, that once things have been activated you may use your products offline. I really DO want to see something that works for you to weed out the thieves and for us for the products we've paid for, but I dont want the subscription path model used as a reason that I'm forced to be online to work. Im not sure what you have in mind as to how "regular" this has to happen. I just hope we can continue to use our products offline like we can now.

Again, I dont have a problem with NI requiring us to have internet connection to install, authenticate, and be checked over when ever we go onto NA, but I dont see why authenticating should happen continually once its this has been done.

I will do more to look over the NTK Daemon and try to understand more about that, but Im still seeing a lot of grief its causing. Please dont take NA1 away until NA2 runs totally smoothly. I already forfeited a lot of time with other issues which are still open.

Thankyou for your comprehensive update.

• sammywatts
    sammywatts Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I've been wondering when we will see support for macOS Sonoma? I've been completely unable to download anything, it's just stuck on "Starting"

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 281 mod
    Options

To be clear, we're activating products way too frequently for non-subscription users, which is something we'll address, but yes piracy remains a thing, although I wouldn't say it's the bigger issue. The times we should authenticate a product if you're not a subscription user is when:

• You log in to your account with installed products on your device (yes, there's a bug that logs you out every time you close the NTK Daemon, should be patched next release)
    • You download a product

Might be a few cases I'm missing but the point is that we're currently activating way too much and we'll slowly reel that back. Once that's solved, you should be able to use your products offline since your activation token is stored on your device. Think that's the north star, but we still have several things to take care of.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Hey, we're smoke testing sonoma as we speak, but we wont officially support it until it has been released at the very least. Beta OS versions are always janky. Keep in mind that while Native Access aims to be the first to support every OS, it doesn't necessarily imply product support for Sonoma at the same time.

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

Glad to see you are being honest about the updates and being honest about bugs. I think most people here will be less likely to complain if you are open with them, keeping people in the dark creates un-necessary friction for both you and them.

As a software developer and PM, I understand the challenges of doing too many things at once instead of core dev. Glad you are getting it sorted out.

That being said, perhaps you can get some of the other teams to engage with the community as you have, like the Traktor team.

Also if you need another set of eyes / product manager - send me an email - I think I would like working for NI :)

Cheers.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,045 Guru
    Options

If you need another set of eyes / Application Support Manager - send me an email - I would love working for NI as well :)

VP

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 238 Advisor
    Options

@Hayo_NI thanks for that! and as reprehensible as piracy is Im glad it isn't the main factor. Looking forward to when NA2 things are ironed out. Meanwhile I'm staying on NA1.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

Is piracy the reason why I cannot copy my expansion packs from desktop to a SD card (much faster) and insert into my M+. It wouldn't recognise them. I had to install via M+ over a few hours.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Appreciate the compassion and the comment Scott!! Take a look at our job openings, maybe one might fit your liking :)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,145 mod
    Options
  • Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,045 Guru
    Options

Any expansion pack I own had to be "installed" not simply copied.

That said - I am not familiar with how to install anything to the Maschine+

VP

• Hayo_NI
    Options

There is quite an old version of the NTK Daemon on a Maschine+ that predated my tenure in Native Instruments, so alas I'm unable to recall UX here, but I'll be sure to get back to you when I hear from their PM.

• holonology
    holonology Member Posts: 78 Helper
    Options

Happy to hear of more updates. The install/uninstall stuff will be great to see. I've got my head around finding libs and deleting files, which I realise is less straightforward than simply deleting a self contained vst plugin.

The other thing I like the sound of is the integration across accounts. Via Komplete, I have some iZotope and PA plugins included in the bundle. I also bought one or two more (Neutron from iZotope, Silo from PA.) It would be brilliant to have the option to merge accounts somehow, bringing everything into a single login and then also access via Native Access.

The iZotope installer is quite nice, but the PA one isn't great. One of the quirks of this (not NA related directly) is that iZotope doesn't recognise the purchase of Ozone Standard in their software centre (it shows up as a demo.) It all still works of course, but being able to service all plugins from across the group would be great, and hopefully this would mean that crossgrades/upgrade would be correctly identified with a view of all products.

Keep going folks :)

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Cheers @holonology ! Yep, unified account is in progress, but we're still figuring out the quirks and milestones we're working towards. Bear with us a little longer! Also looking into crossgrades/upgrades at some point after the tech is all in place too. Regarding uninstall, yeah it's a nightmare of a manual effort, so we're really excited to release this feature, even if iteratively for now.

• holonology
    holonology Member Posts: 78 Helper
    Options

Oh for sure - the merger to unify under NI was announced what a few weeks ago? I would anticipate merging these platforms and all their complexities will take some time! It will make life a little easier of course when we can get access to everything in one place; but all in good time :)

This discussion has been closed.