Sampling sound changes when I leave sample screen

Options
Cowboydon
Cowboydon Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Maschine

Mk3 user : when i finish chopping sample and assign the sounds to a group. The samples sound flat. Does anyone know what’s causing this to happen.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on many variables: some examples…the project tempo settings could make the instruments sound a little different, having other instruments on the project which have some frequencies in common can alterate the way you perceive the sound, as already mentioned by D-one the volume can make the sound seem different,…

But…if the question is if the preview reflects what will be loaded…I would in general answer yes

Answers

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 218 Advisor
    Options

What is your root note set to? It may be because they are on the wrong octave.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,901 mod
    Options

@Cowboydon What do you mean by flat? Maybe you can provide 2 sounds examples, like one before chopping and one after?

• Cowboydon
    Options

i made a video about it here -

copy paste this in YouTube -> mk3 plug in broke help fix

wont let me post the link since im new here

my youtube is Dontoya “”

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Cowboydon You should be allowed to post links now. Here's the link of the video:

It's still hard to see what could be wrong. Check the tuning of the sample here? Is the tune button down?

If you are making a kit with sevral samples make sure to set the group to "Drum Kit"

If it's not set like this, the kick will be played at different pitches, depending on what pad or note you play. Maybe that's what is happening here.

• Cowboydon
    Options

hey, il check it out.

but its very annoying.

makes me wonder why it wouldn’t automatically continue to sound like the sound preview after being loaded.

that seems as native as it can get- for me to go thru the internal sounds. Hear something i like and not have to tweak anything.

• non the less, thanks for your response
  • Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Cowboydon A more easy workaround, I think, would be to first load a kit and then replace the sounds one by one, this way the group will be set as drum kit and you shouldn't have this issue of pitched samples.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 347 Guru
    edited August 2023
    Options

The preview is just a static file. You're not playing a specific note.

Once you load the file, you're playing the note based on your pads/keys. You have the base key set to C#3. In other words, when you hit pad 1 to play, you're sending a C#3 because that's what you have it set to in the video. You're pitching the sample up a semitone.

Most (maybe all) of the oneshots in maschine are going to have a root note of C3.

• Cowboydon
    Options

Yeah C is Whats default.

all im trying to imply is the sounds are beautiful in the preview but i have to tweak all the settings in hopes of getting, even the most remote replication of the demo once i load it.

• I checked the setting last night and couldn’t even find the drum kit setting in the plug ins

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,944 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

There are no Key or Root Note issues... It's not "Flat", it's just lower in volume.

While on the Browser samples are always triggered at 127 velocity (even if the Fixed Vel button is disabled) but once out of the Browser the default Pad Mode Fixed Velocity setting is 100, so... It will sound lower in volume. (Why the inconsistency? no idea, the Maschine Gods work in mysterious ways and aren't open to suggestions lol)

Anyway... There's 2 ways to fix it:

1 - Go into Pad Mode, press the right arrow > to go into the 2nd Page, and change Fixed Velocity to 127.

2 - There's a slider at the bottom of the Browser to control Preview Volume, just turn it down a bit.

Yes, it's annoying as heck and you will need to do this in every project, or use a template. 🤷‍♂️

• Cowboydon
    Options

Man i thought this was it!

but hey,

Just tested this.

Velocity at 127- still takes away the characteristics of the demo .

thank you guys for your responses i hope we can figure this out here im just about ready to pay someone or sell the things.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 347 Guru
    Options

The last example in the video is obviously a different key. The screenshot I posted is from OPs video; blurry, but it's showing he has the base key of the pad on C#3. He's playing C#3 and complaining that it's not the same as the preview.

You can test the same against the video. One shots -> maschine 2.0 Library -> guitars -> Chord Banger Loc 3. Switch to keyboard mode and play C3 and then C#3.

• Cowboydon
    Options

tied this. Again guys; im not talking about the pitch or key . Im talking about the character and tweaks on the preloaded sounds

• D-One
    edited August 2023
    Options

In min 1:33 and 1:39 the only difference is volume, due to what I explained above... I think. Hard to be sure due to all that background noise.

On the last example, the guitar is distorting like hell when in the Browser, maybe it's clipping due to the vol/vel difference.

He's using Keyboard Mode or Chord mode sometimes, by accident for not knowing the device well yet, I assume... I guess he confirms it in the post above.

• Cowboydon
    Options

Mmm i dont think im explaining in a way that you understand. But thanks for your input.

• D-One
    edited August 2023
    Options

Did you try following the directions to see if it helps? Did it make no difference?