Locate Arcane .nicnt file

Options
troutusa
troutusa Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Just bought a new PC. Installing my plugins with no issues except Native Access keeps asking me to locate the path for Arcane. I've tried all the solutions shown on the help pages but I cannot locate the proper path. I see no option to reinstall Arcane.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Arcane is a third party Kontakt Library that cannot be downloaded / installed via Native Access.

Native Access is only responsible for authorising the library and locating it for use in Kontakt.

You will first need to download the library from the manufacturer.

Once installed, simply follow the steps in this article to add the library to Native Access:

Setting up a Third Party KONTAKT Library [VIDEO]

Setting Up a Third-Party KONTAKT Library

• troutusa
    Options

So far I'm caught in an endless loop of links. Native Instruments says go to third party company. Third party says the files are part of free Kontact Player Application. Kontact Player application says it is part of Komplete Kontrol. Komplete Kontrol is installed but no such subdirectory exists for Arcane.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @troutusa

Arcane does load in the free Kontakt Player, but it still needs to be downloaded via the manufacturer first.

Once downloaded and installed, please follow the steps I sent you above to add the library to Native Access and Kontakt Player.

• troutusa
    Options

Thanks for your help. I was able to find the arcane file to install manually. Everything looks good now.