Reaktor high-definition display

Options
dreason85
dreason85 Member Posts: 34 Member
edited July 2023 in Reaktor

Why hasn't Reaktor made high-definition displays for so many years? It's very suitable to do this thing, but they didn't do it. It's really hard for me to understand!

Also, what new plans will Reaktor have for the new version in the future? It should not stop updating for many years.

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Reaktor based on older ages since 1996/97.

At this time there was no high-def and the original builders left NI to early.

• dreason85
    Options

Actually, we can take a look at FLstudio. It has already completed high-def a long time ago. Additionally, Reason also supports high-def, although it is in the form of a picture. So Reaktor should rise to the challenge.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

For ensembles the builder can use higher def graphics already for example take a look at the ensemble Philthy - this looks great on my Mac Studio Display. It's the editor side that needs to be larger the most

• dreason85
    Options

The Reaktor can already load high-definition images. But what I want to say is that the Reaktor interface cannot be enlarged, and the display of those modules is still so small.

• Kymeia
    Options

Oh I'm not disagreeing, just saying there are some ways to improve how it looks available already, but yes ultimately the whole GUI framework needs modernising.

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

So Reaktor should rise to the challenge.

It's really heavy for new programmers to take a deep grip inside in Reaktor.

The older ens must run also.

the Reaktor interface cannot be enlarged

Yes, take a look at the tiny tool tips. You can't change the fonts.

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's like SYNT-IN-A-CASE for Reaktor 5 by ZooTook from 2004 - 17 years ago:

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/4153/

• dreason85
    Options

Reaktor should provide a high-definition solution!

Because I'm not sure what Reaktor's next plan is? Add a new module? Or improve workflow? In short, I think the Reaktor team has stranded the Reaktor for so long, and should always see some problems and improve it, rather than just letting it go. Reaktor shouldn't be like this!

• dreason85
    Options

Also, I would like to add another point, why not continue developing Reaker Player? Native Instruments have done so many great players before, such as Monark and Razor, why not let such good things continue? In the past few years, I have seen that Native Instruments has been doing sampling and selling samples. Of course, making money is a good thing for the company, but I think it's a pity to neglect many products that were once good. It's like losing Absynth all at once. During that time, most of Reaktor users were so worried that Reaktor would also have such an outcome. Of course, from now on, at least it is still alive, but it's hard to say what will happen in the future, So Native Instruments should do a good job of making high-end products like Reaktor, don't neglect it, and don't deceive us with just a few updates. We can see many problems, but more often than not, we just feel disappointed and don't want to say anything!

• Moonbot7000
    Moonbot7000 Member Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Reaktor is all but dead, native instruments stopped innovating over a decade ago and only care about cashing in on subscription products. There a hundreds of basic features they could have made possible, but the investment is gone. Probably just have a couple people keeping it from breaking at this point.

• Paule
    edited June 2023
    Options

team has stranded the Reaktor for so long

Reaktor take a large step with R6.5 to be fit for Windows 11 and Mac M1 - there is no stranded

Probably just have a couple people keeping it from breaking at this point.

Yeah! @dreason85 should build a synth and load it up to U/L

Monark and Razor

That are no players. They are full synths. Do you own Reaktor Player only?

You wrote in your profile „I am a Reaktor user“. So become a Reaktor builder, please.

Do you own FLESH, FORM, THE MOUTH & THE FINGER or SUPER 8?

• dreason85
    Options

I did use Reaktor to build some blocks. But I hope it can bring more efficient operations. Instead of stopping for a long time before coming back. It still has many problems to solve, and some good things should be preserved. For example, the snap value module can set default values, but in versions prior to 6, there was a function to reset the default values you set, which was later removed. Every time I want to restore the snap value to its default value, I have to use a constant module to change it.

• dreason85
    Options

Indeed, I have seen many people say that it is dead, which is something I don't like to see or hear

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 415 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

All the recent Reaktor updates were just for compatibility reasons (M1/VST3). There is no new functionality added beyond that, so many people speculate that NI will maintain it in the future but not develop it anymore (same with original Massive and FM8). I hope this it not the case, but it looks like that.

• Kymeia
    Options

It is worrying - for many of us Reaktor = NI - it was always seen as not only their flagship but the product that really defined what they represented as a company. To turn away from that - particularly if this is the result of a takeover by small minded corporations - would be an outrage and emphasise how much this system leads to stagnation in the long run