Komplete kontrol is completely broken in logic, Midi notes not chasing, instruments disappearing...

Options
iocontrol
iocontrol Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I've asked support to help me 2 or 3 times, and they needed video to help - and their video uploader was broken, then they took days to respond. I'm going nuts.

I never had any issues until I got this macbook m1 max - now all this sudden komplete kontrol is super buggy. I called apple, they say it's native instrument's problem.

Midi notes won't chase, it's a flip of a coin if the track is going to play or not. If I want to start the track in the middle of a note, it takes 5 to 25 attempts to get the track to play. Sometimes it's completely silent, sometimes I'll hear it clip and go out. If I start playing before the note, and then the midi comes, it's perfectly fine - sometimes.

Every time I close or change my audio output, entire tracks will go completely blank. Only with Komplete Kontrol. I loaded up the same instruments in Kontact 7 and they behave perfectly fine. This one almost made me scream.

I don't know what to do, my projects have taken 10 times longer to finish because of this, I've lost data to entire tracks and now I have to leave logic open 24/7 until I export a track because of the data loss and I'm beyond frustrated.

Does anyone know what's happening?

Can u please save me from going insane?

Best Answer

Answers

• KG70
    KG70 Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hi, are you using external hard drives? May be some communications between that and your Mac??? I'm no expert and must admit, I don't use Komplete Kontrol because it's hungry on the processing! I generally stick to instruments in Kontact 7 minus the bells and whistles of Komplete. I also use a MacBook M1 Max and Logic. For your sanity I'd stick to Kontact for now until NI get back to you??? And also, the obvious, try a reinstall??? Hope you sort it soon!!!

• iocontrol
    Options

Yeah, I keep all instruments on an external SSD. I've used it between mac minis before with no issue.

I've done a clean wipe and reinstall, didn't fix anything. :(

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

Did you add disk access permission for komplete kontrol?

• iocontrol
    Options

I did, yes

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

@iocontrol There was a big issue with Komplete Kontrol and Logic, see here: Logic Pro Crashes When Loading NI Plug-ins

Can you check if unticking this MIDI 2.0 box here fixes the issue?

If that's not the issue, what is the format of the external hard drive? It should be APFS, as mentioned here: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

Also, it's not only Komplete Kontrol that needs full disk access but also Logic: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

And for the video to support, if you can't upload it (it's probably too big) it would be good to inform my colleague then or send him the video with dropbox, myairbridge or a similar service. You upload the file and then send the link provided to my colleagues.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

It should be AMFS

Don't you mean APFS?

• iocontrol
    Options

@Jeremy_NI midi 2.0 is unchecked, the ssd is is mac osx extended journaled - which hasn't been a problem in the past.

Logic has full disk access.

• Rollo
    Rollo Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I have what sounds like the same issue. Komplete Kontrol plays the first note fine until you highlight another track, then the first note gets cut off. This also happens with Maschine 2. However, I can load the exact same preset into Kontakt 7 and it works perfectly.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

I did mean APFS, my fingers are trying to type faster than my brain 😂

I've edited my post.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@iocontrol Indeed, mac osx extended journaled should be ok. Would it be possible for you to upload the video here? You can zip it and attach it or post a dropbox/myairbridge/GoogleDrive link?

There are also a few reports of performance issues here:

Anyone experiencing note dropouts at beginning of playback on ARM version of Logic Pro w KK?

We're investigating this, @iocontrol @Rollo do you think the symptoms you are experiencing are simlar?

• Rollo
    Rollo Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Yes, same issues here. Both Komplete and Maschine do it. Kontakt works as expected, no problem. Please note that the first note will play if the KK track is highlighted in Logic. Highlight any other track and the note chokes. I believe this is a clue as to where the bug is.

• iocontrol
    edited June 2023
    Options

The note dropout doesn't always happen, but yes sometimes I will move the playhead to the beginning of a midi section and I'll get a brief "pop" then nothing. Once I hit pause I'll get another pop of whatever instrument is in the track.

No matter the size of the video, the uploader failed. By the time I got around to troubleshooting it - the support had closed. And now the support is nearly completely unresponsive. Having a lot of fun, it's not hindering work at all. I even asked to hop on a phone call or screen share, nothing.

• Hackdog69
    Hackdog69 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
  • Jeremy_NI
    Options

@iocontrol I checked your ticket (3966124), it's still open and waiting for a response from you. Please write to my colleague.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Rollo I contacted you by email regarding this but you didn't get back. Did you receive the email at all? Can you send us a video of the issue.

Again, we are trying to investigate the issue but we were not able to reproduce it so we need as much data as possible.

This discussion has been closed.