7.4.0 - Selecting Sound Preset in Electric Vintage instantly crashes Kontakt

Options
TG01
TG01 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Kontakt

7.4.0 - Selecting Sound Preset in Electric Vintage instantly crashes Kontakt. Standalone and Ableton Live both.

This started to happen after upgrading to 7.4. I urgently need to go back to previous version. Aren't they available somewhere?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kontakt 7.4.2 is just out and should fix this issue. Please let us know if there are still crashes after updatiing.

Answers

• JJBENNETT
    JJBENNETT Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same boat here ! :(

This thread could be worth a follow:

Best of Luck!

• dougclayton
    dougclayton Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having the same exact problem with 7.4.0 and an M1 Mac mini, though my crashes are happening with Session Guitarist - Picked Nylon with most of the presets. I completely wiped my machine and reinstalled MacOS 13.4.1 and I'm still getting the issue.

• TG01
    TG01 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you for the link and confirming!

• ScottyBready
    ScottyBready Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Ok this appears to be a bigger problem! Having same problem!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey there, we were able to reproduce the issue. Issue will be fixed in the next update (7.5). Hopefully coming in the next weeks.

In the meantime, here is an installer for the previous Kontakt version: KONTAKT 7.3.2

• ScottyBready
    ScottyBready Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Will this correct the crashing in Komplete Kontrol as well? Thanks!

Scott

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@ScottyBready Most probably, Komplete Kontrol is hosting Kontakt to load the library so the crash is coming from Kontakt.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,045 Guru
    Options

So - I tested this today using Electric Vintage in Kontakt 7.4.0 (standalone, Komplete Kontrol and a hosted instance of Kontakt in Studio One) and spent at least 10 minutes clicking all over the UI, selection presets, inversions, chord types, keyswitches etc. No crashing here.

Studio one 6.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro (22H2)

Cheers

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Vocalpoint It seems to be a Mac only issue then.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,045 Guru
    Options
  • Maxhombre
    Maxhombre Member Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Im having the same issues but all coming from Komplete Kontrol, if you run the KK plug-in and location scan it crashes everytime usually at the end of the scan and Apple crash report says it’s the Ni scan app. Cannot use Guitar Rig and Ni have told me not to use it, I’ve paid out a lot of money like everyone else but just watching Logic disappear to the desktop and having not saved is soul destroying and it’s becoming a nightmare,not happy

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Maxhombre There seems to be some kind of confusion here. The crash affecting the Session Guitarist libraries will also happen in Komplete Kontrol, since Komplete Kontrol hosts Kontakt to load the libraries. The solution is to install the previous version of Kontakt (7.3.2) and should not update after that, until the next update (7.5) is available. Now if you have different issues than the one in this thread, please create a new one with as many details as possible.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kontakt 7.4.2 is just out and should fix this issue. Please let us know if there are still crashes after updatiing.

• thWelly
    thWelly Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

It still crash on me studio Mac with M1. Have to go back to 7.3.x again.