Trouble with crossgrading from Komplete to Music Production Suite

Options
Khalm
Khalm Member Posts: 11 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Native Access

Hi all. I have upgraded from Komplete to Collectors Edition. So the product I own is called "KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTORS EDITION Upgrade for KOMPLETE ULTIMATE". 

I want to get the Izotope Music Production Suite 5 (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/pricing/music-production-suite-5/).

However the site says "You do not qualify for cheaper pricing", although I do own Komplete 14 CE...strange. 

I'm afraid I won't be able to use it if I buy it, so can anyone confirm that I am actually eligible for the crossgrade option?

If I have to activate the Ozone from the Komplete purchase first, my follow up question is "how do I do that"? I haven't received any ozone serial that I'm aware of.

And also, I was told the price of the same crossgrade is about $100 cheaper on Izotope's site. Seems strange as the company's are being marketed as one.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same situation (and I own K14 CE too). I suspect it is a bug (as it already happened in previous cases where someone from NI said to ignore it). But it would be better to have an official statement from someone of them, just to be sure.

I don’t think activating Ozone has nothing to do with this, since the crossgrade says “for registered users of Komplete”

About pricing on iZotope site: you are right, the bundle (which is now on offer) comes at a cheaper price. But I don’t see any options for the crossgrade there

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same situation (and I own K14 CE too). I suspect it is a bug (as it already happened in previous cases where someone from NI said to ignore it). But it would be better to have an official statement from someone of them, just to be sure.

I don’t think activating Ozone has nothing to do with this, since the crossgrade says “for registered users of Komplete”

About pricing on iZotope site: you are right, the bundle (which is now on offer) comes at a cheaper price. But I don’t see any options for the crossgrade there

• Khalm
    Options

Alright so I am eligible? Then my main concern is, how do I register my ozone from komplete? In fact I don't even know how to get it because I haven't (afaik) received any serial for it. Can someone who has, please tell me what the email looks like (subject etc)?

• Khalm
    Options

Hm ok I realized it is downloaded in Native Access. But then my question is how would I get it registered with Izotope? In their product downloader there is no Ozone 10 Std. That, I assume, is why I'm ineligible for their crossgrade for Music Production Suite.

Would love some input on this from someone who has successfully done this

• LucasSpeMan
    LucasSpeMan Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hello @Khalm ,

I also own K14 CE and I took the risk of buying Music Production Suite 5.2 with the crossgrade.

It seems to work perfectly fine for the moment. Don't worry about the process of installing your new products, you will be guided through the process after your purchase. Your Izotope account will be created after your purchase also and the products are available on their downloading platform after the registration of the Serial Number you will receive by email.

I hope this help!

Have a good day!

PS: I will give update if I face any issue later with Music Production Suite 5.2 regarding this crossgrade.