Q&A with Maschine/Maschine Plus team?

Options
AdelV
AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro

I know that probably both teams are very busy and it is not easy for them to find time for Q&A, but I think that such a meeting and exchange of ideas between us Maschine users and the team of developers is somehow needed. Or maybe something like this is already planned?

Comments

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 132 Advisor
    Options

There's two things going on in my opinion..

a) their dev teams are stretched and I doubt they'd think this is a good use of limited time

b) my guess is most of the devs are ESL (English as second language.. especially true and problematic for German tech companies) and/or grumpy engineers, they're afraid how such a meeting would come off between things being misunderstood/misconstrued via language, tone, etc. if meetings were with only someone tossed on as a producer/manager (the latest in a long line) they probably wouldn't be able to provide any more than rote surface level PR answers to anything.. not in-depth discussion.. which would be called out by the community.. so, no benefit

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    Options

I doubt any Maschine developers are very busy or doing much of anything.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Thanks for starting the thread @AdelV I can maybe bring this up with the Maschine team if there are questions they can answer

• tom80
    tom80 Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I doubt that there are actually any dedicated Maschine developers.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 141 Pro
    Options

Q & A or any future info would be rad. My questions would be:

1) When auto-sampling, is it possible to add an option to globally turn auto-loop on and off? This would remove allot of risk of wasting time and samples when auto-sampling 60+ samples.

2) Any new plugs coming in the future?

3) When using as a controller, could it be possible to use the USB ports as a USB hub?

4) Any future plans to give us visuals on automation in standalone?

5) Got anything new features in the works or is M+ looked at as a mostly complete with some bugs to squash?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

@OhulahanBass asked:

3) When using as a controller, could it be possible to use the USB ports as a USB hub?

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned on Ye Olde Forum that this is not possible from the hardware design: Something like the internal USB hub is hardwired to the M+ motherboard. Which makes sense.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Knowing how it is gonna end, I’ll make only the most basic question:

• will at least parity of versions on Maschine on computer and Maschine+ be assured. I talk about Reaktor (to allow users to build ensembles on computer to then use on M+) and Maschine software itself (to allow projects transfer between computer and standalone)
  • AdelV
    Options

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will respond to us. ❤️ ;))))

• AdelV
    Options

Hey, it's July. It's been a while since the last update and new information. Can we count on some new information?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

Why? This is a user-to-user forum provided by NI. It’s neither an official support channel nor an official communication platform.

• AdelV
    Options

Yes, you are right. I forget all the time that companies don't always want to communicate everything....

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

nor an official communication platform.

What do you mean by that @ozon ?