Choir Omnia Freezes on Installing

Options
maxborghetti
maxborghetti Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Native Access

My Choir - Omnia freezes on Installing , so i cannot update nor install anything else. I tried uninstalling Native Acces and when i come back still gets Omnia Installing.....help

Tagged:

Best Answer

• saarang007
    saarang007 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE: I was able to fix the issue by 'double extraction' and manually moving the files. I am surprised how customer support is NOT able to provide a working solution for this.

NI Customer Support writes on mail - extract files from .iso and locate from Native Access - this does not work at all. It will never work as it needs 'container' files which are hidden deep in the .pkg files.

I am glad I was able to find a solution to this annoying problem by experimentation and trial-error 😎

This method is for Windows OS and I am mentioning it here.

You will need an application like 7zip for this. Just Google 7zip download and click on first result.

The steps are as below -

1) First, create a new folder 'Samples' in the NI Content -> main Choir - Omnia folder and leave it.

2) From the big .iso file, copy all the .pkg part files (Choir - Omnia Library Part 1 to Part 36) in this NI Content\Choir - Omnia directory.

3) Select all these copied .pkg files, right click -> 7zip -> select "Extract to *\" which will extract all the files inside a "Payload~" folder.

4) Then inside this "Payload~" folder, right click again, select all files and again "Extract to *\" which will create multiple folders till 35 (as it starts from 'Payload~').

5) Then in the same folder (main "Payload~"), search for container files by typing *.nkc, *.nkx, *.nkr (one by one) and cut-paste all these files to the 'Samples' folder created in the first step.

6) From the Choir - Omnia\Payload~\Payload~~\Choir - Omnia Library folder, copy-paste all the folders into the main Choir - Omnia folder (like Snapshots, Instruments, etc.) including the .nicnt file.

The final structure of Choir - Omnia library should look identical to other libraries. Like this -

7) Finally, open Native Access and click 'locate' and point to this main Choir - Omnia folder. It will say "installed".

8) Open Kontakt 7 (or your DAW) and Choir - Omnia should function normally. Enjoy! If you see some missing files/instruments, close and open it after 2-3 minutes (give some time to populate the assets).

Let me know if you face any issue after following the exact steps.

If you have a shorter method of installation of Choir - Omnia (for Windows), feel free to share the same.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

If you close NA and open Komplete Kontrol (or Kontakt or Maschine), once its database is updated do you see Choir Onmnia installed? Because it happened in the past that NA got stuck but then the library was already installed. Only difference is that once NA was reopened, it wasn’t still frozen on “installing”

• saarang007
    edited June 2023
    Options

I tried this but unfortunately, it does not work. The library does not appear in Kontakt 7 or Komplete Kontrol. Choir - Omnia freezes at 'Installing' phase.

This happened for other libraries as well (especially bigger ones) but somehow after restart, those got installed.

But this library is not installing at all even after restart and other solutions. I also tried Native Access 1 (White) app and even let it re-download the whole library...but still not working.

I have raised a ticket...let's see when NI team has an update for this issue.

I guess the .iso files are not packaged properly, especially for Windows platform. Normal installation via setup (opening .iso file) also fails with errors.

• saarang007
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE: I was able to fix the issue by 'double extraction' and manually moving the files. I am surprised how customer support is NOT able to provide a working solution for this.

NI Customer Support writes on mail - extract files from .iso and locate from Native Access - this does not work at all. It will never work as it needs 'container' files which are hidden deep in the .pkg files.

I am glad I was able to find a solution to this annoying problem by experimentation and trial-error 😎

This method is for Windows OS and I am mentioning it here.

You will need an application like 7zip for this. Just Google 7zip download and click on first result.

The steps are as below -

1) First, create a new folder 'Samples' in the NI Content -> main Choir - Omnia folder and leave it.

2) From the big .iso file, copy all the .pkg part files (Choir - Omnia Library Part 1 to Part 36) in this NI Content\Choir - Omnia directory.

3) Select all these copied .pkg files, right click -> 7zip -> select "Extract to *\" which will extract all the files inside a "Payload~" folder.

4) Then inside this "Payload~" folder, right click again, select all files and again "Extract to *\" which will create multiple folders till 35 (as it starts from 'Payload~').

5) Then in the same folder (main "Payload~"), search for container files by typing *.nkc, *.nkx, *.nkr (one by one) and cut-paste all these files to the 'Samples' folder created in the first step.

6) From the Choir - Omnia\Payload~\Payload~~\Choir - Omnia Library folder, copy-paste all the folders into the main Choir - Omnia folder (like Snapshots, Instruments, etc.) including the .nicnt file.

The final structure of Choir - Omnia library should look identical to other libraries. Like this -

7) Finally, open Native Access and click 'locate' and point to this main Choir - Omnia folder. It will say "installed".

8) Open Kontakt 7 (or your DAW) and Choir - Omnia should function normally. Enjoy! If you see some missing files/instruments, close and open it after 2-3 minutes (give some time to populate the assets).

Let me know if you face any issue after following the exact steps.

If you have a shorter method of installation of Choir - Omnia (for Windows), feel free to share the same.