Can't sell NFR Maschine MK3

Options
Walnut
Walnut Member Posts: 36 Member
edited June 2023 in Maschine

So..... I bought a maschine Mk3 never used from someone online. He's gone and I don't have his contact. NI just told me that I can't sell the mk3 because it's NFR. So. ... Why wouldn't NI tell me that it's NFR when I registered it! Now I've got an mk3 that I can't sell.... Ridiculous.

Tagged:

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,190 Guru
    Options

Er.....if you've just bought it, why would you want to sell it?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,948 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Wait what? The only reason it could be an NFR is if they gave you the software instead of asking you to pay for it or if the person who sold it to you got his MK3 for free for being a tester or influencer or something.

Ask support to clarify why it is an NFR and explain/prove you paid for it.

If I'm not mistaken anyone with proof of purchase of an MK3 can get a software license if they ask for support, for older models it might be different.

• Walnut
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's a MK3 but an NFR! Version.

This means that your seller received it for free/at a reduced price from NI as an artist. He may NOT resell this NFR version! This has tax reasons (monetary benefit).

We are not authorized to disclose the serial number.

• D-One
    edited June 2023
    Options

Where did you buy it from? eBay?

Han? Is that a quote from support?

Can't disclose the serial number? All my NFR NI HW have the serial number on the back of the unit, like normal retail versions.

Do you own other Machine controllers / licenses?

• Walnut
    Options

Yeah that's from support in Spain. I reached out to us support because perhaps they will be more helpful. I think it's ridiculous that an unexpected buyer gets stiffed like this. What a terrible policy. On top of that if they have NFR devices then they should be painted that or the license should say NFR when it's registered.

• Walnut
    Options

Bought it from wallapop and I have the receipts to prove it.

• D-One
    Options

Well, it doesn't seem fair that you get screwd over by the seller not being honest.

What's your ticket number? Have you bought other NI products or does you NA account only have things related to the Maschine MK3?

• Walnut
    Options

I have bought Komplete 14 Standard and various expansions as well.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,624 admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey @Walnut looks like our support team has made an exception for your case. For anyone who comes across this thread in the future, please make sure to ask your seller if their product is NFR and check if there's an NFR tag on the product box just in case!

• D-One
    Options

Oh, I was gonna ask Jeremy to take a look but @Kaiwan_NI already did! See, it all worked out 😀

• Walnut
    Options

I appreciate it. It didn't arrive with the original box I just thought it was a used mk3

• Walnut
    Options

Now I'm trying to get a transfer ID

• Walnut
    Options

Hi Kaiwan I appreciate the help with this, however I have requested a license transfer for the MK3 and Komplete 14 standard and have not heard back yet. I am aware that you guys are super busy with summer of sound, but I sold this unit over a week ago and the buyer is stressed out about the transfer. Thanks again :)

• Enky75
    Enky75 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Salve ho appena acquistato su ebay una mk3 per tenermela ma è senza licenza se acquisto komplete 14 posso usarlo sulla macchina o essendo NFR non posso utilizzarla? Non sapevo di questa cosa NFR frazie a chi mi aiuta