Why does MK3 become invalid

Options
iamnubio
iamnubio Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hoping I can get some help.

I purchased MK3 license from NI. Everything has been work fine but now from reason it says "your activation has become invalid" This was just working a week ago. Does anyone know how to fix this.

I have the NI Access and re-entered the keys

I have tried do a reinstall

Neither of these approaches worked to fix this invalid issue.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Answers

• iamnubio
    Options

Here is some info from the log:

Process:              Maschine 2 [11407]

Path:                 /Applications/Native Instruments/*/Maschine 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Maschine 2

Identifier:           com.native-instruments.Maschine 2

Version:              2.11.1 (R848) (2.11.1 (R848), Copyright © 2020 Native Instruments GmbH)

Code Type:            X86-64 (Translated)

Parent Process:       launchd [1]

User ID:              501

Date/Time:            2023-06-18 08:43:07.7629 -0400

OS Version:           macOS 13.3.1 (22E261)

Report Version:       12

Anonymous UUID:       1FAF9603-C280-5501-818D-2211C8ECFAC4

• iamnubio
    Options

Thanks I've tried:

I have the NI Access and re-entered the keys

I have tried do a reinstall

I've contacted support and can't reach anyone so I'm trying here. Thanks for sharing however this did not correct this issue.

• iamnubio
    Options

Hi,

When I reinstall the license key it shows accepted but it still shows invalid with I try and open the app.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Options

Version: 2.11.1 (R848) (2.11.1 (R848), Copyright © 2020 Native Instruments GmbH)?

I think you are trying to install an old update, current Maschine version is 2.17, maybe this cause the problem.

• iamnubio
    Options

ok true... I've have licenses in NI for the following and they are all not working:

MASCHINE

Maschine 2 Update

Maschine 2 Update for Maschine

Maschine 2 Update for Maschine HW

All of this was working up to earlier this week.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Options

I was not talking about license but about which version looks to be installed on your computer. :-)

Please try those steps (taken from NI Tips):

1. You are not logged in using the right NATIVE ID

It may be that you're logged in via Native Access using another account (Native ID). Please sign in to your account on our website and make sure your products are listed in My Products & Serials (if they are, see steps 2 and 3).

Please keep in mind that Native Access does NOT display bundles but individual products. If you are unsure which products belong to the bundle you own, you can find a very detailed overview of our KOMPLETE versions over the years here:

Native Instruments Komplete Version

If you have multiple accounts or if you are unsure where your products have been registered, please reach out to our registration team.

2. Your activation fails because of corrupted or missing activation tokens

This can be solved by following the steps outlined here:

Native Access Error Message: "Activation failed...Internal error during activation"

Please note that If you can't carry out these steps, you might be missing a “Native Instruments” folder from your computer, located under:

MAC: Users > Shared

Please be aware that the folders might be hidden in the folder preferences. Here is how to have them appear if needed: Displaying Hidden Files and Folders on Windows

In this location please create a new folder and name it "Native Instruments", within that folder please create a new folder called "Native Access" and finally, within that an additional folder named "ras3"

The folder structure should then look like this:

Mac OS: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Native Instruments > Native Access > ras3

Now please open Native Access (on Windows, as admin by right-clicking the "Native Access.exe" and selecting "run as Admin")

IMPORTANT: if you have moved or relocated your Public > Documents/Users > Shared"- folder to another drive, please undo that change.

3. You have corrupted XML files

This can be easily solved by simply deleting the corrupted XML files and restart Native Access.

You can do as follow:

• For Mac, go to

Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

• Delete the following .xml files:

Native Access.xml

NAME OF PRODUCT IN DEMO MODE.xml

• Restart Native Access (new .xml files will be created automatically)

If you still see a DEMO warning or you are not sure on how to carry out these steps, please contact us using this form, we'll gladly assist you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,742 mod
    Options

@iamnubio Make sure to give full disk access to Native Access, the NTKDaemon and Maschine 2: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

This is where to find the ntkdaemon:

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK > NTKDaemon

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,742 mod
    Options

@iamnubio Is the issue fixed or you still need help?