Saved State for Browsing of Projects, Groups, Sounds, Instruments, Effects, Loops or One-Shots

Options
Percivale
Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
edited June 2023 in Maschine

It would be great to speed up work flow if Maschine+ can remember the last browser setting whenever a selection was made - so that when the user presses the [Browser] button, he/she need not keep having to scroll excessively to find a replacement within the same "family" of sounds.

In short, the setting saved is based on the last windows (both left and right menus) how a Project, Group, Sound, Instrument, Effect, Loop or One-Shot was selected and zoomed into the selected item. If there were some users who prefer the current behaviour it can be made into an on/off setting.

NI developers, please.

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

That's exactly what the mag-glass button does both on software and on the HW controllers, it recalls whatever tags/methods you used to find a particular sound, so you can easily replace it with a similar one.

• Percivale
    Options

Not the quick browser function. I'd try to get pics.

• Percivale
    Options

From blank project.

1. added a Group of Sounds to Group A pad.
    2. pressed Group B pad to add an Instrument.
    3. got into pad/keyboard mode to play awhile.
    4. pressed Group B pad and then [Browser] button.
    5. device pulls up the left/right menus just like how I selected the Instrument in Step 2 - correct.
    6. however, when I press Group A pad, it does not go back to the menus like how I began to select the group of sounds in Step 1 - not what I wanted.
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

It does for me, as long as I am at the Group Level before step #6.

Basically, if you leave it at the Sound Level due to having just used an instrument/keyboard mode then there's nothing to be recalled, so just move to Group with the < button.

• Percivale
    Options

That's more presses than the saved state I am suggesting. Thanks for chiming in though.