HOW do I redeem/acquire my Plugin Alliance software since upgrading from Komp 8 to 14?

Options
yeskeys
yeskeys Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

There are no concise instructions. I was able to download and install the brainworx Oberhausen, but my trial is about to run out because the code NI sent isn't being accepted.

What is the deal with this??

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Please ask NI directly at Support and open a ticket. We the user can't know NI restrictions about KK 8.

But please be patient about:

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options
  • yeskeys
    Options

Definitely NOT in Native Access, as it wouldn't show up there. I'll have to look, but I think there was a little box to click on for the serial in the brainworx synth. I'll let you know.

BTW, no responses from either company regarding this issue...

thanks.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

I would not be so sure that putting it in NA is not the right thing to do. When I bought Output plugins through NI site, there was exactly where I had to put the serial.

Wasn’t any instruction listed in the email with the serial?

• yeskeys
    Options

I received an email after I upgraded. it read,

Thank you for registering your KOMPLETE license. Your KOMPLETE bundle contains products by our partner Plugin Alliance. This is your redeem code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To activate, please complete the following steps:

So I downloaded and installed the synth plugin, but it's still a trial.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

Oh ok…it was a redeem code, not a serial. Go in your account in PA site - Manage your licenses. There you have an activation to do for your computers (max 3 of them)

Practically, Plugin Alliance product must be activated. See these instructions to understand it better (even if it is convoluted):

• yeskeys
    Options

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Frankly, not very impressed with that plugin. I'm an Oberheim guy, had my OB8 for 40 years and recently got the new OBX8, I also have an OB6, plus Arturia's Matrix 12 plug, and Sonic Project's OBX software. Plus my ipad has the SEM software. I think those softwares are better than the brainworx. But hell, for free I might be able to do something with it...

There's also a lo-fi plug I'm entitled to from PA, but I'm a fidelity guy, not sure I need a plug to downgrade my sound, I have other tools for that as well...

Again, appreciate your input. I'll let you know how it shakes out.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

You’re welcome.

‘Check again my previous post: I added a link to the activation instructions

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

We also have an article on that subject: How to Install KOMPLETE 14's Plugin Alliance Products