What is next for Maschine +, road map?

Comments

• DoverBeach
    DoverBeach Member Posts: 48 Helper

I don't agree. This is a short-term mindset. Failing to serve existent users will make any company lose money and credibility over time.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 293 Pro

Defensive…?

We as customers are using these user forums trying to get ourselves heard. No official response from NI representatives whatsoever.

And no, from my point of view most of our questions in this and other topics have nothing to do with communicating a detailed planning and/or commitment to the release of specific functionality.

The voice of tue customer asks for commitment on future development for an expensive immature piece of hardware. Commitment to some sort of a high level roadmap would be an answer to that.

As NI is busy building partnerships, designing a new brand, selling gear and sounds to new customers and are willing to communicate through other channels, me as an existing customer is willing to join that conversation. Helping NI to redirect their attention and those new customers to have a closer look, too.

In response to that you’re telling me the marketeer and/or sales representative is not the right person to talk to… or is it something else you want me to know?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,408 Expert
    edited June 2023

I was stating how nowadays world work, not what I think is correct

An ironic comment to another very ironic post

• spock
    spock Member Posts: 25 Helper

This is the way https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/14382/end-of-life-for-imaschine-official-statement-faq#latest will the M+ follow the way? Certainly they are too busy doing external growth to offer us a catalog with ******** subscription, loyal customers are secondary in their economic model

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023

At least after 1+ years of lies, they have been honest and brave enough to say it

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 293 Pro

If they want me on a subscription model they’ll surely have to show some other more trustworthy behavior first. With transparent communication as a key aspect.

Recommended read for NI leadership:

Steven R. Covey, 7 habits… great learnings on P/PC balance.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod
    edited June 2023

Well... To be fair Maschine HW life cycle is actually pretty decent, MK2's are 11 years old and still supported, on Windows even the MK1's work without tricks. So I wouldn't worry too much about the M+ reaching EOL. The Jam was the only HW that died faster.

I'm glad they finally announced it, iMaschine has been dead for so many years now, I don't understand how people still had hope for it.

• LostInFoundation

Maybe we had hope for seeing honesty for one time, not for iMaschine itself

• spock
    spock Member Posts: 25 Helper

Everything is explained, nobody works at NI :)

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 172 Pro

Thank you.

An idea to let people know you are still committed to M+ while you work on the bigger picture M+ dev is to toss us a VST bone every once in a while. I've probably listed my desire for Replica XT and Super Charger GT an annoying amount of times by now. But there are tons of light NI vsts that could be added periodically to show us development is moving.

*I say this will her knowledge on how difficult or time consuming that would be.

• DoverBeach
    DoverBeach Member Posts: 48 Helper

Ehm, maybe you didn't read the whole 3D, but It's pretty clear from my 10+ comments in the 3D that I agree with you.

I've left similar comments on NI youtube videos and received the same reply. I don't know why you are jumping to this defensive conclusion. Not everyone is on this forum to flame.

My comment was simply a (sterile) observation on how sad are their automatic responses and their fake excitement/commitment.

Nothing against you ; )

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

The Jam was the only HW that died faster.

But it is still supported. NI even added Jam support for M+.... On users' requests....

Beside Jam, there are few more shortlived items. Like Traktor Kontrol D2 (few years) and S5 (a bit longer). But still, they the both are still supported by Traktor years after EOL....

At least on Win, not sure about Mac and M1/M2 especially.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 219 Pro

Don't let this thread fade into history.. throw us a bone maybe NI?

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 304 Guru

I'm watching this discussion and I have the impression that there is simply nothing new already planned for Maschine Plus, or it's planned for the next months or years, and it's unclear when the team will be ready to announce the news to us. It's all a bit long if I'm honest. 

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 172 Pro

I wonder if they are devoting resources to a new project or to making Maschine 2 more stable on new Mac processors. That is why I thought maybe giving us a couple more tasty plugs would be an easy way of showing us it isn't forgotten.

This discussion has been closed.