End of Life for iMASCHINE - Official statement & FAQ

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
edited February 15 in Maschine

End of Life for iMASCHINE - Official statement

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that we have taken the difficult decision to discontinue iMASCHINE 2. 

You may have noticed that we have not been actively developing in the iMASCHINE 2 app, and we would like to thank you for your patience with the technical issues that have arisen following recent iOS updates.

Because we are committed to providing the best level of support for the music creation tools we offer, we occasionally retire older products, like iMASCHINE 2. This enables us to focus our resources and development efforts on a core set of products and bring new, innovative ones to market.

If you have previously purchased iMASCHINE 2, you will still be able to download the application from your purchase history. If you have any further questions, please reach out to Native Instruments Support for assistance.

Your team at NI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ 

How long will my iMASCHINE still work? 

There is a strong possibility that future iOS updates will further limit iMASCHINE, but it’s not possible for us to foresee what those changes might be. It is likely that outcomes will vary from user to user.

How can I export my projects?

Projects can be exported through the export function in the application menu.

Will I lose my current files and the iMASCHINE app if I update my iOS?

This is unlikely, but it depends on future iOS updates. We are not able to access or remove user data.

Is NI planning to stop the sale of any other products?

Each product has a lifecycle and unfortunately we can’t maintain all products forever, but we do our best to extend the lifespan of each product as long as possible. Normally, we evaluate each product with the release of new versions of KOMPLETE. 

How does NI evaluate when to stop supporting a product?

Our goal is to give as many users as great an experience as possible. We evaluate the size of the user base versus development efforts and what other opportunities might serve a larger user group. 

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.