Native Access stuck on 'loading products'

Options
od22
od22 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited August 2023 in Native Access

I've been trying to get NI Native Access 2 to work for the past week, v1 works fine but no matter what I do I can't get the new version to work - following advice from other threads I'm not running any anti-virus/malware software, have added an exception to windows firewall, have uninstalled and reinstalled, run as admin, uninstalled NTKdaemon, none of it works. 

I've emailed NI support who have so far just sent me the copy and paste advice from their website even though I told them I've already tried that.

I think the only thing I really need it for is Kontakt 7 at the moment but would still like to get it working. Any suggestions for a fix welcome!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Axle
    Axle Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same situation on macOS Catalina running on an M1 chipset, so this seems to be affecting both OS. I too cannot update to latest installations as the app is stuck on the load screen displaying "Loading Products...". I keep my computer secure with blocks in place for unsanctioned "call home" connections (I do allow them if relevant to my needs, its simply that I can disallow them too), so I was hypothesising that unanswered network connections were the issue (which does not seem to be the case). I further wondered if my VPN block on tracker and malware urls (by association or intent) was interfering with network connections, and thats still an open technical question. I was also wondering if M1 chipset was a cause, but seeing that you are on Windows and I specifically downloaded the macOS M1 version of Native Access, it seems to be a bug in the software, unless you perhaps may also have unintended network issues? Thats an open question for me at the moment... did you get this resolved since posting or notice any other characteristics of the problem @od22?

• Gwcmusic
    Gwcmusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Same problem here (Windows 10). I noticed this yesterday after installing the Celtic Harp. It has stuck on 'Loading Products'.

• Gwcmusic
    Gwcmusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Edit: About an hour after posting the above, it all started working...haha

• od22
    Options

Hey @Axle NI support advised I try to connect via a wifi hotspot on my phone but that also didn't work, so I don't know if that rules out network issues. I haven't heard anything from them since then, getting quite frustrated at not being able to download/authorise the stuff I upgraded to over two weeks ago. @Gwcmusic glad to hear yours is fixed.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,583 admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Update on behalf of the OP: The solution is to downgrade to Native Access 1 for now

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Options

This issue has now been resolved on our side - please restart your computer and Native Access.

It should then load as expected.

• oranges
    oranges Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

not fixed here

I'm stuck on 'loading products'

Can somebody from NI tell us what is going on ?

• od22
    Options

Just tried again after redownloading - still broken! So not resolved @Rich_NI, please pass that on...

• plepola
    plepola Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

It seems that there are problems with the download now. Does the download work for anyone?

• hkmarkd
    hkmarkd Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I already reverted to NA1, as NA2 would not recognise the QNAP server drive I had mounted to the PC. (NA1 works with it fine, but not NA2)

Today I couldn't access NA1 as it was stuck on the infamous 'update failed to download' error, so carried out all steps given on the support site, but nothing worked, so uninstalled and tried to move to NA2.

NA2 installs but the box requiring username/email and Password is just, literally, an empty white box....NA seems to be ...... f&$@#d

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,713 mod
    Options

N.I. just updated the N.A. to V. 3.5..0 so depending on when last you tried then you may or may not have tried the latest version already ! : https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

Of course I have no idea if your experience would be changed even by the new version !

• hkmarkd
    hkmarkd Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks PoorFellow, but exactly the same thing....it just wont connect to the server

• plepola
    plepola Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

The new version didn't help me either. I have made all the suggestions that can be found in the discussion here and opened a ticket. I haven't received an answer yet. This silence, what has happened to Native Instruments?

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 347 Pro
    Options

This is a recurring problem for many, and although it doesn't get stuck every time, it seems bizarre that it cannot be fixed. Similarly, why can it not retain login information as it used to, so we have to sign in afresh every time we use it? This was not the case previously, even in beta, so why is development hurtling backwards?

The suggestion to revert to NA1 does not inspire any kind of confidence. Admittedly, it doesn't contain the myriad of recurring problems that NA2 has, but then neither does it show updates, so it rather defeats the object.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Hey, PM of Native Access here.

@hkmarkd could you share an image of the screen you get stuck on? I'd love to help you debug further after considering we're eager to make sure this problem diminishes over time.

@tempsperdu We recently released a fix to the password remembering, is this still an issue? Are you on a Mac by any chance?

Apologies for the inconvenience here :/