Traktor S4MK3 screen bug

Options

Answers

• ariesps
    ariesps Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I've just received response from tech support.

"Thank you for contacting Native Instruments.

Please go to Windows Device Manager and update your graphics card drivers.

In the meantime, please use Traktor 3.8 while we investigate the problem."

In my case I tried to update graphics drivers with no luck. AMD Vega 11 (integrated graphics on AMD Ryzen 3400G)

Guess, we'll have to wait...

• Dintsch
    Dintsch Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Habs jetzt auf 3.8 downgegraded. Funktioniert wieder alles normal.

Warten wir bis die Porbleme behoben werden.

• lupino2b
    lupino2b Member Posts: 11 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello there

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, this is an ongoing bug that is already being investigated by our team. Here you have the Bug ID for reference:

TP-17931 - Controllers with displays flash when used on Windows devices with AMD GPUS

For the moment the workaround would be to downgrade to 3.8:

We'll change the ticket status to “Solved” as there is not much we can help with for now. Should you want to check on the fixing status, simply respond to the ticket at your earliest convenience referring to the bug ID and it will activate once more for us to review and get back to you.

😡😡😡

• ariesps
    ariesps Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Same response from support here...

• DJ_DichOtomy
    DJ_DichOtomy Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

This has been a known bug for a while, let me guess, you have AMD cpu's. The post above is correct it was the QT update that caused this ****** and the only fix is to stay with 3.8

• lupino2b
    Options
    Hello AMD GPUs. Staying in 3.8 is certainly a solution but it must be temporary. On pc there are multiple materials and you can't make software that only runs on 1 single brand of cpu and on 1 single brand of gpu. A PC is not a MAC. Where there is something to be angry about and Native has pushed this version 3.9 without taking into account the bug and not warning anyone. It's still professional software.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,415 Expert
    Options

It's weird that no one in the beta thread noticed it. There was even a 3.8 with new Qt framework.

• btong1
    btong1 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Same problem here. With 3.8 or without open Traktor the displays are fine.

• Telinio82
    Telinio82 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I have the same problem but I can't downgrade, cause I have a new laptop and I can't download the older version

• lupino2b
    Options

Contact support who will provide you with a link for version 3.8. Take the opportunity to show them your displeasure.

Cordially

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

Maybe because it wasn't there??

But still not all S4 MK3 seem to be affected. Mine works fine on both PC and Mac. But S8 and D2 have flickering screens (which has been reported in the beta thread).

It is just a whild guess but maybe old screen ports are used to feed the new hardware displays.

• lupino2b
    Options
    According to support, the problem appears on PCs with AMD gpus.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

Nvidia GPU here so that makes sense. My comment was more aimed at D2's which are discontinued and can be reused.

• lupino2b
    Options
    Hmm...interesting. The after-sales service forgot this precision in its answer. If it's a matter of reusing obsolete materials in the s4 mk3 that's causing the bug. This is a borderline latent defect. It would be good if the people concerned come forward on this thread. In the meantime Native instrument seems to give a damn and continues the pub on the promotion of Traktor without worrying about the problem .......

• Mkeff
    Mkeff Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey everyone, did any figure out a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same issue. How would I uninstall 3.9 and leave it 3.8?