Collection & Settings disappeared after updating to 3.9.0

Hi all

After updating to 3.9.0 my whole collection has disappeared and all my controller settings have been forgotten.

Is it as simple as copying my collection.nml file, Coverart folder and settings (tsi) files from my old 3.7.1 folder into the same position in my new 3.9.0 folder?

Seems odd that it wouldn't do that automatically for you when you update with Native Access?

Thanks

Will

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, that should work. Usually Traktor asks if it should copy the files after starting the new version for the first time after installation. Did you have a beta version installed before updating?

You should also copy the stripes and transients folders.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Yes, that should work. Usually Traktor asks if it should copy the files after starting the new version for the first time after installation. Did you have a beta version installed before updating?

You should also copy the stripes and transients folders.

• misterharrison_Tf
    misterharrison_Tf Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks for replying.

No, I did not have a beta version installed. I was also surprised that it didn't ask if I wanted to copy my collection and settings over. Seems like the obvious thing to do.

Thanks for pointing out the stripes and transients folder too!

• Sûlherokhh

You could also designate your 3.7.1 folder to be your main folder in the preferences, instead of the 3.9.0, then restart traktor.

Preferences➔File Managment➔Root folder

That's a lot quicker.

• misterharrison_Tf
    misterharrison_Tf Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks but I've moved everything over now. Worked a treat, so thanks for your help.

Seems to be noticeably quicker at analyzing tracks now with native M1 support.