December leaderboard & prizes

Options

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

Hey everyone, here come our top contributors for August: @LostInFoundation @Kymeia and @Sûlherokhh A usual, I'll be in touch with you about the prizes by DM. Congrats!

Notes regarding false reports: If you believe your comment gets erroneously flagged, please DM me directly with a link to the comment. I can remove it for you. 🚩

Any users who abuse the abuse system will receive a warning from moderators and potentially get their points deducted. Hope this makes our scoring system fairer.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

September leaderboard & prizes are here

@Kymeia @Stevan @LostInFoundation pls let me know the currency via DM, or if you wanna give away the vouchers to someone else!

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi all. This month, we decided to mix things up and give prizes to the top 5 contributors instead of our usual top 3.

Congrats @LostInFoundation @PoorFellow @Kymeia @JesterMgee @Vocalpoint and thanks for your contribution in October. 🍂 A voucher is on its way. See the leaderboard here.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,931 Guru
    Options

Dear Kaiwan,

I am sorry to post a comment that is not really on the topic of rewards, but why can't you see who flagged your comment, but you can see who liked and 'insightfuled' your post by putting your mouse on it?

It would be great for the community as well to see who exactly falsely flagged your comment for no reason.

• Milos
    Options

Since couple of previous false flagging.

The first example is Sunborn being falsely flagged by some dude, of course.

But another example is when lord-carlos (the Traktor genius btw) got falsely flagged twice and some people could not really see who flagged him falsely until, I think, that someone admitted that he falsely flagged him, although he was just being nice and trying to help him.

It was something about changing the pitch of Vinyl sound with Traktor or something, idk.

So, again, it would be great to add a feature where you can see who flagged you, in the same way you can see who liked your post.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,753 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

It's important that people are able to flag posts anonymously because this is primarily for reporting spammers, promoters of warez, trolls and other such 'bad actors', all of whom could start targeting or harrasing you if they saw it was you who flagged their posts. I would not want that, would you?

Anyone who is mistakenly flagged is able to report that to the mods and if this is being used maliciously or even with good intentions to simply flag something to the mods, then it gets removed.

Personally I think what is fairest is, especially because sometimes people do flag posts with good intentions just to draw attention to the mods, I think flags should be entirely separate from the leaderboard and not have an effect on points at all. After all it's not at all likely a spammer is going to get a lot of likes anyway.

• Milos
    Options

Good point...

I respect it.

But seriously tho, this forum needs some kind of a system that, in some way, punishes you for falsely flagging someone, something similar that Xbox Live Chat has.

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

Again, if someone has been falsely flagged for malicious reasons the mods do deal with that and warn them not to. Just pm them if you feel this has happened to you.

• Milos
    Options

It never happened to me...

It hapoened to others few times, I am speaking about it for them.

But we are lucky only hundreds of people are here on this forum.

Imagine if there were thousands, even millions of people in this community.

That is why I am saying this.

• Milos
    Options

It would be overly exhausting for the mods to do that.

These are the only solutions:

1. Just recruit more people to be mods

2. Make a system that punishes you when you falsely flag someone, especially if you are doing it a lot.

Just giving my thoughts.

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

1) They are

2) I think that already happens

The flag system is for people to report posts to mods, in most cases it is used for perfectly good reasons, such as a spammer or bot. No one is going to feel safe to do that if it lets the spammer etc know who reported that post as they could end up being harassed by someone we already know has bad intentions.

The system should not be misused to penalise people just because someone disagrees with their post or wants to take them down a peg or two, in those situations the person doing that can be reported to the mods, they know who it is so just report the false flag, you don't need to know who it is. All that would lead to is tit for tat flagging going on and bad feeling in the forum, it would be a moderation nightmare.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

Forum had more than 40000 members at the beginning of 2023, if i remember well, i read this in some announcement. They should be many more now.

• Milos
    Options

Oof...

Well, here goes nothing.

Be prepared for anything in the future, guys.

• Milos
    Options

Well, guess what haappened?

My first 'spam-flagged' comments for giving a basic advice.

Hooray!!(sarcastically)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

According to the forum rules (which i doubt that many people bother to read),

Spam flag = irrelevant comment

and, judging by your answers as i see in your print screen, they are all absolutely irrelevant to the thread!

• 1st comment: The guy is talking about hardware issue and you answer about some volume plugin...
    • 2nd comment: The guy asked for a simple transfer of his Traktor collection (audio files etc.) and you suggested a full Native Instruments reinstall!!! Not just irrelevant, but potentially catastrophic, and without a reason.
    • 3rd comment: The guy is talking about Komplete Kontrol and you answer about Kontakt!

So, those spam flags are very correct and, in fact i am really surprised that you don't have many-many more. So, why are you complain?

I also see that even if you had warnings from various moderators and in spite of the good will from many of us, you are still continue to do your own thing, ignore everyone and behave as a troll, trying answer everywhere at all cost.

But the forum is not your personal playground (nor anyone else's) and those rules are there to be used.

Here are the rules by the way, for everyone to read. It is not some "nonsense", they are absolutely essential for a community to work! Without rules, there is chaos (and not the "creative" chaos but the "destructive" one) :