Relocating multiple libraries at once

ptram
ptram Member Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2023 in Native Access

Hi,

Is it just me, or there isn't a way, in Native Access, to select multiple libraries and relocate them all at once?

The only half-solution I've found, at the moment, is to manually edit the .plist files in the Preferences folder. But this also means having to re-enter the Mac's administrator password each time.

I'm sure this can't be true (it would be really too stupid), so I would kindly ask the correct way to do it.

Paolo

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ptram you're correct, there's no way to relocate libraries in bulk at the moment. But the Native Access team is aware of this request and will be working to add this feature to the sw. Here's a roadmap from their product manager.

Answers

• ptram

A workaround: copy all the preference files into an unprotected folder. Edit. Copy the edited files back to the Preferences folder.

Paolo

• ptram
    edited June 2023

Being able to edit the .plist files is not all. There are some libraries (like all the expansions I tried) that refuse to agree with the new path, either edited in the .plist, or selected with the Browse command in the Relocate window. The only solution is to reinstall it again. And be very careful not to choose the wrong folder, or you are lost forever!

In some cases (see Acoustic Refractions) you can't have it accept the new location. At the same time, there isn't the Reinstall button…

And to add insult to injury: when relocating multiple libraries, one at a time, you can't even confirm the last Relocate command by pressing Enter. You have to click it…

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ptram you're correct, there's no way to relocate libraries in bulk at the moment. But the Native Access team is aware of this request and will be working to add this feature to the sw. Here's a roadmap from their product manager.

• LPKEYS
    LPKEYS Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I understand that you're supposed to do a Batch Re-save when you move a library. If I move 69 libraries from my Mac HD to join the other 230 or so on my external SSD, there's no way that I know of to select just the relocated ones for Batch Re-save. Kontakt is not easy when it comes to library management.