Presets missing in Kontakt Factory Library 2 (nil)

Options
Eagle Town
Eagle Town Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Kontakt

Only had a quick look at some new additions in komplete 14 standard, which I got yesterday. Opened Kontakt and loaded Beats from the Factory Library 2.

However when I tried to load a groove I could only access the main categories, and then it just said ‘nil’ where I thought the groove presets should show up.

I installed everything via native access and had no issues. I’m guessing there’s a file path broken somewhere perhaps.

where should I look to resolve this, please?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

FYI There was an update of the Kontakt Factory Library 2 fixing this "nil" issue:

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    Options

nil means "not in the list", so maybe those are not included in komplete standard version... i don't know for sure though.

• Eagle Town
    Options

Interesting. However it’s a full version of Kontakt 7. I would assume the factory library features should be consistent across the board

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    Options

If it's a full version, then they should be there!

Have you checked the Library in your hard drive? It should be in your C:\Users\Public\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt, unless if you changed the path. From there look for the instruments

• Eagle Town
    Options

Yeah I will check all that as soon as I get a minute. I do have all the libraries (data) installed on a different partition but the documents path you mention is still the same I think, I never had issues before. I’m sure it should be something straightforward enough. 👍

• syntheshwara
    syntheshwara Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

any luck with this? I opened a support ticket.

• Eagle Town
    Options

It looks like I’m only missing the grooves in Kontakt Beats section. I didn’t get a chance to have a proper look at all the other libraries but what I’ve seen so far seems ok. I actually had to reinstall everythung as I did a windows reset (for other reasons)

• racunars
    racunars Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I have the same (nil) problem when selecting the drop down menus in most of the instruments. Some options works well, but some others not. Is not a general problem. Only happens in certain parameters. It looks like a bug, that hopefully will be fixed in a next release.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

FYI There was an update of the Kontakt Factory Library 2 fixing this "nil" issue:

• racunars
    racunars Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Confirmed, I tried the libraries in KFL2 and the the "nil" issue is fixed. Thanks!!