Drop down menu do not show the options in the instruments in Kontakt Factory Library 2

Options
racunars
racunars Member Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2023 in Kontakt

When trying to select and change a parameter in Orchestral Collection (and most of the other instruments in the library as well) , the drop down menu (in all of the parameters) does not show the options, it only shows the option "nil". However the left and right arrow buttons to select the previous or next entry, respectively works fine.

It seems to be a bug or an installation problem. Does anyone have the same problem or has found a solution?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

“Nil” is the Latin word for “nothing”. If it is a bug it’s a quite strange one, since not only it doesn’t show you the entries, but it also says there is nothing.

And also a quite cultured bug, since it knows Latin 😂

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Someone else has the same “nil” problem with Beats’ Grooves…

• Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

I have the same "nil" problem in many drop down menus, but not all. "Nil" is shown at least in Synths' "Play Mode", in Bands' "Chord", and in Orchestrals' "Articulation" and "Dyn Mode". But for example Synths' "Chord" menu works fine.

Also Beats' Grooves show only "nil" in the groove browser.

The "nil" word comes probably from some bug in Lua script.

https://www.lua.org/pil/2.1.html

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

So…the cultured thing knowing Latin is Lua script 😏

• racunars
    Options

When this error occurs a warning message like this appears at the bottom of the Kontakt window:

SCRIPT WARNING (Line: 364, Script: 1): Invalid ui_menu value! Assignment has no effect.

It could be a little different depending on the instrument and drop-down menu selected, but the warning message is more or less of the same type.

• syntheshwara
    syntheshwara Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I even opened a support ticket with NI but the response is NI-L

Is this a bug? What is going on? The beats ensemble shows nil in grooves and the pads don't make a sound when I click on them. This NiL problem is with the new factory library only. They released an update 7.4.0 and this issue has not been addressed.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@racunars @syntheshwara It is a bug indeed and should be fixed in a coming update of the Kontakt Factory Library 2.

• racunars
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Thanks!

Looking forward for the coming update of the Kontakt Factory Library 2.

• Dan Kearley
    Dan Kearley Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Just chiming in here.. I have the same issue. Has anyone tried reinstalling the library? (I haven't yet)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Dan Kearley As said in this thread, it's a bug and will be fixed in the next Kontakt Factory Library 2. Reinstalling won't change anything.