Sending Traktor decks into Ableton for returning effects

Options
2»

Answers

• EXVRCH
    EXVRCH Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

drawn devices roting is what I already built and it works GREAT but I reiterate that I trying to route all this audio stuff through JACK2 in such a way to be able to send decks separately to Ableton and get the effects from them back to the mic channels, which is impossible to do with this aforecited setup. I tried to route audio structure (that shown in the pictures 3, 4) through JACK2 and did it successfully! BUT when it implement with plugged MIDI is crashing JACK. This is the problem I need help with

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

And midi? What it's used for?

Like I said, Traktor and Ableton can use same controllers directly.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,076 mod
    Options

You need loop midi to route midi from midi ox to ableton.

• EXVRCH
    Options

1) Windows dont have midi bus (like on macs) and I cant use xone k2 in 2 application at the same time, thats why midiox need to be used. 2) djm 800 I use as controller through midi cable for extra control elements 

• Isotoxin
    edited June 2023
    Options

I don't know what do you mean by midi bus, but I'm using two units of Xone K2 with Traktor and with Bitwig at the same time. And before, I have used it with Traktor and with Maschine at the same time.

On Windows 11.

Are you are using DJM as midi? Not as an external mixer?

• EXVRCH
    Options

I think you using 1 k2 only for traktor and 2nd k2 only for bitwig - yes it's possible, different midi channels and 2 independent usb connections but if u try to select the same device in both programs you cant do mapping from two apps. I use djm as an external mixer and as controller

• Isotoxin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Nope, I'm using both K2 for Traktor AND Bitwig at the same time. For example, ALL K2's sliders controls percussion volume in Bitwig, few knobs controls effects in Bitwig, some buttons controls Traktor. You can see it in my last video.

I'm using clone of Richie Hawtin setup BTW.

• EXVRCH
    Options

Can you share ur routing settings please?

• EXVRCH
    Options

And if it is possible to check the work in Ableton share the results too. When I choosing K2 as IN and OUT in midi section of one of the programs he just won't let me use it in other

• Isotoxin
    Options

Here is my mixing setup:

Now I'm downloading Ableton trial (I'm using Bitwig) to check the MIDI controls in Traktor and Ableton in the same time.

• Isotoxin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ableton Live Lite 11.3.2, Windows11. MIDI from the same Xone K2 controller perfectly works in Traktor 3.9 AND in Ableton at the same time on the same controller with both Ableton AND Traktor opened. I'm even mapped the same knob on the Traktor FX dry/wet and on the SEND knob in Ableton. And both parameters in Traktor and Ableton has changing values when I'm using the mapped knob.

What about Xone K2 drivers and firmware update? Did You updated controllers on Your side?

Because I had this "one application with midi controller" problem only with a KORG nanoKontrol2 when, if I remember correctly, more then 10 or something midi controllers was installed in my laptop. If KORG was installed as a fifth midi controller (after maschine mk3, akai mpd, traktor kontrol and so on) it stopped to work with more then 1 application in the same time. But I have made simple thing to fix this. I just removed a few controller drivers via device manager. For this to work, I have made visible hidden devices to see he disconnected controllers. After the manual driver/device removal from device manager, i have connected the KORG first. It installed drivers and afterwards, I have connected the other controllers. They installed drivers too and thats'all. KORG worked fine with Maschine application and Traktor.

There was something with a cripled KORG driver and more then maybe 5 MIDI devices. But ONLY with KORG nanoKontrol2 I had this weird thing with LOCKED midi on one application.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,076 mod
    Options

Wow then the xone supports maybe multi client - if i use a midi device for one app it's greyed out or even not shown at all for another app.