3 updates, install fails

ronnie_cessna
ronnie_cessna Member Posts: 80 Member

i have 3 updates. komplete kontrol, kontakt 7 free player, and maschine two essentials. all are install failed. i downloaded ni uninstall reg tool and followed instructions. all still fail. need help.

Best Answer

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @ronnie_cessna

Thanks for providing those.

The issue here is caused by the fact that you have set your download and content locations to the root level of your D: drive. Native Access is not able to write correctly to root level locations, it requires a folder to write to. 

Please create a folder called "Downloads" on your D: Drive, then set this as your Download Location in Native Access (so it reads D:\Downloads).

Then repeat the process for your Content Location - create a folder called "Content" and set this as the Content location in Native Access (so it reads D:\Content).

Your installations should then run as expected. 

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. 

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Are you using “update all”? Or doing them one by one?

• ronnie_cessna

i did it both ways.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Check if some files (maybe corrupted) remained in the download folder.

It could also be a case of servers having problems (I immagine that since Summer of Sound just started they have a lot of people downloading their newly bought products). Maybe you’ll just have to wait and try in another moment

• ronnie_cessna

I bought schema dark and butch vigs drums both of them downloaded and installed just fine. now im up to 5 updates that wont install.

• LostInFoundation

Sorry, but we can’t fight against the mess latest Native Acess is. I give up

• ronnie_cessna

what about going back to Access 2?

• Rich_NI

Hi @ronnie_cessna

Please provide us with a screenshot of your Installation preferences in Native Access, so that we can take a look.

• ronnie_cessna

Like I said I reinstalled everything on to an external hard drive. Traktor says it's on my laptop. Please keep in mind it has been a long time since I had a pc or computer in a long time.

• Rich_NI
    Answer ✓

Hi @ronnie_cessna

Thanks for providing those.

The issue here is caused by the fact that you have set your download and content locations to the root level of your D: drive. Native Access is not able to write correctly to root level locations, it requires a folder to write to. 

Please create a folder called "Downloads" on your D: Drive, then set this as your Download Location in Native Access (so it reads D:\Downloads).

Then repeat the process for your Content Location - create a folder called "Content" and set this as the Content location in Native Access (so it reads D:\Content).

Your installations should then run as expected. 

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. 

• ronnie_cessna

I noticed that to. This is what my D: drive looks like at the moment.