Trouble locating Maschine 2 plugin in older Ableton Live 11 project - Need guidance

Ludwig B Grimmstein
Ludwig B Grimmstein Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with the Maschine 2 plugin in my older project within Ableton Live 11. Despite checking the correct folders, the plugin cannot be found in the project. However, it does appear in the Plug-ins section of Live, and I can replace it. The problem is that none of the settings are preserved.

I have already verified that the plugin is correctly installed. The issue only occurs in this particular project, as Maschine loads up without any problems in new projects or when adding it to a new track in the current session. I'm using macOS 13.4.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on troubleshooting this problem. If anyone has suggestions or steps I could take to locate the Maschine 2 plugin within my older Ableton project, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello,

have you checked that it's really the vst2 version that's installed and recognized by live. And do you use an M1 Mac or something else? If then try to open that project with rosetta mode, save the maschine project, If it works, and then open the project again without rosetta mode, replace maschine with a new plugin and open the saved project.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello,

have you checked that it's really the vst2 version that's installed and recognized by live. And do you use an M1 Mac or something else? If then try to open that project with rosetta mode, save the maschine project, If it works, and then open the project again without rosetta mode, replace maschine with a new plugin and open the saved project.

• Ludwig B Grimmstein
    Ludwig B Grimmstein Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

@Uwe303 That was it! An 'ID-10T Error.' I appreciate your fast response. Your initial response prompted me to look it up. I totally forgot about the Rosetta step. Additionally, I noticed a small gray square that popped up, which I recall seeing years ago when a plugin had an issue. I simply hit enter a few times, and it disappeared, allowing me to open the project.