Native Instruments new brand identity

Options

Comments

• Andy-D
    Andy-D Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It is alright IMO

I can live with the "R" because I quite like the "K" and that is probably a more important letter for NI

I would rather have Komplete Kontrol made into better workable tool than a new logo right now!

• Ves
    Ves Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I'm unfazed by the new icon.

More interested in improvements to the Traktor brand than a marketing change.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options

"I'm unfazed by the new icon."

Why would it faze you anyway? 😉

• Trancer_Spacey
    Trancer_Spacey Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I know that a good logo is quite often not love on the first sight and personal taste should be sort out, when you do and judge a logodesign for a company.

So I let it sink and still after some days it's really sad to see that the established NI logo is replaced by a design, which looks quite amateurish, unfortunately. For my taste it doesn't work well (aesthetically) when the whole name is displayed as a wordmark, because some letters are not good balanced or good designed and as a replacement for the N. I. lettermark it looks not minimalisic as it seems to be intended, but just cheap. The old lettermark is grown to a iconic and well recognizable logo, I don't see a future for this one but a lot of room for improvement.

• JamesColah
    JamesColah Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
  • Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 230 Pro
    Options

I’m gobsmacked that NI are paying people to do fun, sexy stuff like new logos and brand identity when Traktor needs so much work.

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 53 Helper
    Options

It's growing on me. I don't know it the new logo will ever be as iconic as the old one, but it's nothing objectionable. The only thing that bothers be is the lack of colour - seeing the Native Access icon with no blue was jarring!

I hope the rest of the icons (and less likely the plugin UIs) get updated to match soon, with bonus colour :)

• chk071
    Options

As both Traktor developers and marketing guys will be employed full time by NI, I don't really see the connection.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,286 Expert
    Options

Well…in some ways I see it:

If e.g. you have an underemployed support team that don’t have the strengths to answer the hundreds of tickets they received because of products released without being properly tested, instead of having marketing guys maybe you should before have working departments.

Another way to put it: before thinking about the future, think on what you are doing NOW. The best way to ensure a future is not losing everything you have because you are working bad in the present

And yet another way to put it: if you have 2 poor guys having to do the work of 10 (and therefore not being able to do it), maybe you should hire someone to help them instead of spending money in a new logo.

I think this is what @Patch wanted to say 😉

• chk071
    Options

There is another way to put it: None of us really know how stuff is worked on at NI. So, this is just a big pile of speculations. Yours coloured by your negative opinion and attitude towards NI. As usual.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,664 mod
    Options

Designing logos in 2023 is the matter of giving the input and then selecting one of hundreds of AI generated images. You don't need a designer for that job.

On the other hand, finding a good software designer with experience is hard to find.

• THEDEADPOET
    THEDEADPOET Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Still looks better than the current font. Like the alteration of the 'O' by the way.

Someone mentioned the similarity between the new NI logo and the KIA one - it's almost identical, I suppose that's one of the main reasons why it looks so familiar.

The original was iconic IMO and frankly I don't believe it needed to be changed at all.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

“As both Traktor developers and marketing guys will be employed full time by NI”

Isn’t this a speculation too?

EVERYTHING is speculation.

None of us know how stuff is worked at NI. But we do know how stuff is working for us, the users

My speculations come from spending more than 14 years with NI. I never had to wait more than 3 weeks to get support. I never had to wait 3 months for a bug fix to come (if it comes). I never had to use a program to install the things I purchased only to find out it wasn’t working.

And my speculations comes from their own statement saying, when Soundwide entered the game, that many departments were scaled down and people were fired

Accusing others to be just speculating while thinking to be immune of this is just a way of saying “I am right, you are wrong”.

Well… I’m not RIGHT, but sometimes negative opinions come from what you have under your eyes. Or maybe one day I just got up on the wrong foot and I decided that after 13 years loving NI it was funnier to start criticizing them…for no reason…just to have an attitude…

Not that NI for 13 years has been the best company in town. But I always thought “Hey…they don’t want to listen to users suggestions? Is their own right. They don’t want to implement this or that feature and keep their idea on their products? Is their own right”. But not delivering what promised, not fixing their own mistakes, not giving a proper support…now they are playing a whole different game… Before it was “they have the right to manage their company as they want”, now it is “they have no right to not accomplish their duties”

Sorry if I bothered with my opinion while, clearly, yours should have been enough for everybody

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,664 mod
    Options

@LostInFoundation You are not wrong, there should be criticism and it is the way to improve. Also the frustration has to be understood. So many left Traktor because of the shortcomings..

All our ideas that we post here are already posted 50 times on old (now gone) forum and Traktor team is aware and knows the best what should or could be done. We customers/testers only serve as a free quality control, input on how to make a feature better and to help solve issues faster than the support have a chance to back to users.

It has been the same with all bigger companies. We all sound like a broken records to them and ignored unles really needed to help with the expertise.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sadly I know they are aware of everything. But since they feel in the right to ignore things even if they have been said 50 times, surely they will feel even more able to do whatever they want if people stop calling them to their duties.

And even more sadly, as I said in another thread we the users are allowing them to feel like this by continuing buying new instruments from them even if they don’t behave correctly 😔

What I don’t agree is that it is like this with all big companies. Some of them know that, as they say in Jamaica, “Every day the bucket a-go a well, one day the bottom a-go drop out”. If you repeatedly take the same risks, eventually it will end in disaster