Unique Komplete Upgrade Question

bydavidrosen
bydavidrosen Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I have been upgrading/updating from various Komplete versions over the years... I went from Komplete 4 to 6 to 7 to 9 Ultimate to 11 Ultimate to Komplete 12 Update. Now I'm thinking about taking advantage of the Komplete Kontrol S88 deal that comes with Komplete 14 Standard. My question is, will that 14 Standard apply to my account like an update so I keep all the Ultimate stuff I'd previously paid for back when I was on 11 Ultimate? Or will it be a totally new, strictly standard license that would complicate my account since I'd have two forked paths in my account... One that's gone along all these upgrades/updates along the way and one that just started with 14 Standard. Any help would be appreciated. I'm currently waiting on a reponse from email support.

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

You will own both versions. There should be no complications (like double entries for instruments or else).

Practically, all the instruments you have will remain there and the ones that are new for you that are inside 14 select will be added.

If you login in NI site and open 14 select page, you also have in the top menu a “what’s new for me” section (a little hidden and sometimes it makes a couple mistakes, but it’s there at least).

All of this plus the ability, next Komplete round, to update from your ultimate or from your select

• bydavidrosen

interesting, checking out that "what's new for me" section definitely is helpful. because yeah im GONNA do the $199 update at some point i'm sure, so with the S88 at $200 off AND including Komplete 14 Standard (better than select) for a limited time... it's basically like getting $400 off. i might really have to do it...

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Yeah sorry…I said select twice but I meant standard. Oooops ☺️

My suggestion is: think only if you want the keyboard. Komplete updates under Summer of Sound offer are already at a very interesting price

• bydavidrosen

All good. Thanks for the help. Definitely makes me think I'm gonna go for this deal.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

You’re welcome. I was thinking about the standard version too (since with 13 ultimate collectors I have already a looooot of instruments), both my update price would be only 100 bucks less than the new collectors…so…all the things they give me for “only” 100 more…this is how they trick us…with very good offers 😉.

in the end I’m really interested only in Playbox…but 199 for one product vs (probably) around 299 for the whole bundle during Summer of sound…the choice is easy (tricky, tricky NI ☺️)