Anyway to recover a corrupted maschine file?

Jdubbs75
Jdubbs75 Member Posts: 28 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hey guys been working on a project for a couple weeks and maschine suddenly froze today and must have corrupted the file because anytime i try to open up maschine the interface wont load. So i have to go and choose a different project to get maschine to load up and it simply will not load that particular project. Is there anyway to salvage that file? Not really sure if i even remember how to get to the point i left off in the project so thats why i ask if there is any hope. Thanks guys

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert
    Answer ✓

Is this M+ or software Maschine on Pc/Mac?

Short answer is probably No way to recover if it is corrupt but a good time to mention the usual point that this is why backups are important. Either an automated solution that makes backups of all your important data on a regular basis and/or saving your project under incremental file names Project01...02...

I always do both of the above in triplicate so will often save my projects as a new file whenever I add a new instrument or make significant progress. and I hit CTRL+S constantly as I have lost projects in the past like this and it is very off putting especially after months of constant plugging away, go to save and software crashes during save and all that work is gone. That was in 2002 and then last time it ever affected me because I changed my workflow at that point.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Moving to Maschine subforum.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert
    Answer ✓

Is this M+ or software Maschine on Pc/Mac?

Short answer is probably No way to recover if it is corrupt but a good time to mention the usual point that this is why backups are important. Either an automated solution that makes backups of all your important data on a regular basis and/or saving your project under incremental file names Project01...02...

I always do both of the above in triplicate so will often save my projects as a new file whenever I add a new instrument or make significant progress. and I hit CTRL+S constantly as I have lost projects in the past like this and it is very off putting especially after months of constant plugging away, go to save and software crashes during save and all that work is gone. That was in 2002 and then last time it ever affected me because I changed my workflow at that point.