Is there a way to route the Audio In to the pitch of an oscillator in Reaktor Blocks?

2»

Comments

• jazaikal
    jazaikal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yes, it is possible to route the audio input to the pitch of an oscillator in Reaktor Blocks. Here's one way to do it:

1. Open Reaktor Blocks and create a new ensemble.
    2. Add an audio input module to the ensemble. This will allow you to receive audio input from an external source.
    3. Add an oscillator module to the ensemble. This will generate the pitch signal that will be affected by the incoming audio.
    4. Connect the output of the audio input module to the input of a level module. This will allow you to control the level of the incoming audio signal.
    5. Connect the output of the level module to the input of a pitch follower module. This module will analyze the incoming audio and generate a pitch signal based on its frequency.
    6. Connect the output of the pitch follower module to the pitch input of the oscillator module. This will allow the pitch of the oscillator to be controlled by the incoming audio signal.
    7. Adjust the settings of the pitch follower module to fine-tune the tracking of the incoming audio. You may also need to adjust the settings of the oscillator module to achieve the desired sound.

With this setup, you can route audio input to the pitch of an oscillator in Reaktor Blocks, allowing you to create dynamic and responsive sounds.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023

What's Audio 2 P/G?

Audio or wave to pitch and gate! (Reaktor speech)

• Emoney
    Emoney Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

Huh... I just tried that and theoretically you're right, that should work, but for some reason it just outputs static for some reason.

• Paule
    edited May 2023

This attached file is audio2pitch and gate macro. Hope it can help you.

Inside gate

Event Filter

F2P = frequence to pitch

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

Soo, have you figured it out already, @Emoney? 😅 If not, take a look at this https://deviousmachines.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000669533-logic-midi-routing

• Emoney

Is this something you've tried yourself? because it doesn't seem to be working on my end.

I just wanna know if there's something wrong with my system

• Paule

Do my Audio2Pitch macro works for you?

• Emoney

Unfortunately it still defaults to a 0 sum signal even with the macro in place. There's a chance something is wrong with my system at this point. I'm sure your macro works just fine

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 799 Guru

You can test it with some source music setup within Reaktor - just drag in a factory synth and wire its output to pitch detector inputs, then 'play' it. If that works, then the problem is somewhere else in your system settings. If it doesn't it's the Reaktor code.

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 298 Advisor

so i actually basically finished my algorithm for polyphonic pitch detection about half a year ago. @colB is right that it not at all something that can be done easily, but i actually may just end up releasing it

@Emoney if you think you'd be interested in something like this i'd be happy to post a short demo showing its operation

• RadiumDJ
    RadiumDJ Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

To have midi infos you need to route the midi signal in the VST Track

How you do it depends of your daw.

In Cubase

• Create the VST instrument track
    • Add Reaktor as FX in the insert of the VST Track
    • Create a MIDI track
    • Leave the midi inputs to all and change the midi out to Reaktor FX input

Now when you go on the midi track and play you have midi signal in Reaktor FX

Optional

If you want to control the VST Instrument and Reaktor

Instead of putting Reaktor FX input as midi out

• Change the midi out to the VST Instrument name
    • Go in the midi send effect
    • Leave the effect as no effect
    • Where there is written not connected change to Reaktor FX input

Now when you are on your midi track and you play you hear the VST Instrument and you still have the midi signal in Reaktor FX

This method can also be used to use one midi channel to control several VST for layering.

If you dont have the tab MIDI Send, right click in the inspector bar and check Midi send. It will appear.

For other daws refer to the manual but it must be similar. It's just a matter of routing the midi signal.

😉