Is there a general bug with Maschine 2.17.2 standalone where it hangs and stutters?

Options
2»

Answers

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

Well, when I said I have the same problem further up in this thread, I meant I have inexplicable pops and clicks when using the ASIO driver of the Maschine MK3 itself.

Once I started using an external interface everything was back to normal like it is with every other DAW or audio software on my system: runs just fine, thank you.

So, if you experience noises with an external audio interface when using Maschine software standalone and everything is fine when it is used in a DAW, it is a different problem altogether. First, I would make sure the audio settings in every little detail are identical in both the DAW and Maschine.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

And addendum: once I got an RME UCXII, I never had to think about the setup of my audio interface or ASIO problems or stuff like that ever again. I had bought so many audio interfaces over the years, but this one is clearly built to end your audio worries once and for all. Provided of course the rest of your system is fine which it is.

But yes, MOTU and Audient should definitely run just fine.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,707 mod
    Options

@Warren Postma I see that you wrote one of my colleages that the issue was fixed, I'm not 100% sure it's the same thing so I'm asking you for confirmation.

• NuWu Ent
    NuWu Ent Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Same issues since Ventura Mac update and Maschine 2.17. 2.18 never loaded at all - thankfully I had a HD backup of version 2.17.

However, now I get CPU overload almost immediately. I have read all the articles l, done all the hacks, nothing has worked. NI support has been useless and takes forever - giving me the same solution steps I already tried before contacting them!!!!!

At this point, I just want to roll back to Maschine version 2.16 where I didn’t have all this immediate CPU overload.

Can anyone tell me how?

• Serge8
    Serge8 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

i believe it's not hardware, rather program error of 2.17

in my case windows antimalware service went crazy when maschine 2.17 was active (all other DAWs are ok)

you can check it yourself on your system

after rollback to 2.16 everything is ok

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Well, he has the same issues on Mac and there are plenty of users with no issues so it can be that, but it wouldn't hurt to try previous versions I guess.

Please do not hijack other people's threads to ask for help on a different issue, make your own. Tag Jeremy, or contact support directly, NI has no official way of downloading older versions.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 134 Pro
    edited May 2023
    Options

I would bet it’s a hardware defect.

• NuWu Ent
    NuWu Ent Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

@D-One no intent to hijack someone's question - thought it was a similar issue. ANYWAY @Jeremy_NI can you provide any other suggestions on the issue of version 2.17 and the incompatibility with Ventura OS?

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

It's Windows 😐 i don't like it too and i Dream about Linux and Computer only for Music Production and nothing else.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,707 mod
    Options

@NuWu Ent There is no compatibility issue with Maschine and Ventura, I see that you contacted my colleagues already, they will need to have a deeper look in your system to see where the issue is coming from.

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member
    Options

My issues were fixed by reinstalling the ASIO audio drivers on Windows.

Then I switched to a MAC and everything works fine on the mac.