Feedback and how to connect audio left right

theaudiomonk
theaudiomonk Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi..

Couple of questions:

When loading some ensembles that use sample input, if there is no sample loaded, Reaktor goes into a feedback, max volume and horrible. Have I set something up incorrectly? The feedback disappears once the sample is played into the effect.

Secondly, I'm experimenting with effects. So I create terminal input ports for left and right audio. Then I load an ism file of which quite a few only have an "in" connection. How do I connect left and right audio inputs in this case?

Thanks for any help

Best Answer

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
    Answer ✓

Secondly, I'm experimenting with effects. So I create terminal input ports for left and right audio. Then I load an ism file of which quite a few only have an "in" connection. How do I connect left and right audio inputs in this case?

I it has a mono input, you could just use on of the channels, or you could sum them (just add them together, or use a primary mixer module or whatever), or sum then divide (multiply with 0.66 or whatever).

The alternative is to modify the effect to be stereo, this is maybe simple enough for some FX, but very complex for others depending on how they work.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

The feedback comes from the microphone, since there is no sample loaded it takes the live input (the microphone)

• theaudiomonk
    edited May 2023

Thank you, so am guessing to mute the microphone in the mixer will solve ? Quick follow up there's no mic setup in the mixer.

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
    Answer ✓

I it has a mono input, you could just use on of the channels, or you could sum them (just add them together, or use a primary mixer module or whatever), or sum then divide (multiply with 0.66 or whatever).

The alternative is to modify the effect to be stereo, this is maybe simple enough for some FX, but very complex for others depending on how they work.

• theaudiomonk

Thank you for the answer, I'll try your suggestions to get that to work. Much appreciated.