Licenses are not transferable after email change

Hotze
Hotze Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hello, I recently bought Maschine Studio and Jam off Ebay along with some extensions and the KOMPLETE software package.

The seller and I wanted to start the license transfer, but unfortunately in the portal in the seller's account, none of the licenses are available for the transfer, probably because the seller recently changed the email address in his account (all other reasons from https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001024029-License-Transfer-Why-Is-My-Product-Not-Transferable- have been excluded).

He has already created a support ticket, but no response from support yet.

Question: Are the licenses automatically made available for transfer again after a while and how long does that take, or can only support reactivate the selection of the license transfer in the portal in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited May 2023

Do you suspect them to be not transferable because of point 2 (the 60 days) of the article you linked?

In any case, yes, this is a typical situation where only support can answer you

• Hotze
    edited May 2023

No, the licenses have been in the account for a couple of years alreday (so not the 60d period mentioned in the article), but the account owner changed the email address in the account recently. Based on this post (https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11749/changed-email-and-password-now-my-license-is-not-transferable) our guess is that this caused the issue. Since support unfortunately didn't react on the ticket, our hope was that this issue might clear itself after some time. Hence I reached out the community to see if anyone has experience with this kind of issues and might know how it works.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Understood. The problem is support is quite slow in these days. And hoping for the problem to solves itself alone in due time before they even answer is not nice at all.

I hope they will not take so long for you to wait months to an “auto solution” and you can get things working faster 😉

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@Hotze Was the issue solved in the end?

• Hotze

@Jeremy_NI Partially. I received new serial numbers from support for some of the licenses (transfer id generation was not possible due to technical reasons). However, some of the licenses for Soundiron expansions (bought at I shop) are still not transferred. Support told the seller, that these cannot be transferred without approval from Soundiron.

Do you know if Soundiron provides such an approval for license transfer and if it is free of charge?

• Jeremy_NI

@Hotze From what I know, third party library manufacturers approve them but I can't be sure, best to ask my colleagues.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper

@Jeremy_NI please help us do a license transfer, we have opened tickets on the NI website it its all quiet

• Jeremy_NI

@afrogrit My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.