Waiting for Maschine MK4, Maschine Studio MK2, or Komplete Kontrol MK3

Options

Comments

• caramba
    caramba Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

BIF Member May 8 :

"NI has always been tight with information about upcoming products. I don't think it benefits them in this post-covid era, and in fact I think it hurts NI and its customers more than having an actual published roadmap for their products. Combined with NI's "take our sweet time coming out with new versions" methodology, it may cause some customers like myself to just give up waiting and go to a competitor."

It smells like if they will, they will have to admit that their roadmap is to produce bling-bling looping toys based on their outdated, once innovative, catalog. I think no serious creator can rely on such undefined and slow moving target for long term work.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

NI could release S8/S5/D2 Mk2. And new line of S keyboards. Maschine Plus Mk2 would be fine, but I think it will come together with Maschine 3 SW. I would appreciate Maschine Jam Mk2, but it probably will not happen. Soon. As well I would appreciate "expansion" unit to extend Maschine Mk3 into Maschine Sudio Mk2...

I guess, we will see soon. Within few months.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

This is basically what I've been saying for a few years now...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

Stronger CPU, more RAM and ability to use any NI plugins and Content would do the trick...

No touch screen, no loudspeakers (better to use headphones anyway), no internal battery (but there could be cabinet to place the external one in.).

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper
    Options

I have been reading through all these pages of discussion looking to see if anyone mentions some specific things that real hard core MPC users are disappointed with, with the release of new MPC X SE. I was wondering why these guys were so unhappy about the new MPC until I thought about what they were saying.......The SOUND. I thought about my MV 8800, and the SOUND...... MPC users are tired of the bling and want the internal components that make the standalone hardware sound good. We chase plug-ins to immulate analog. According to most users the MPC 3k/4k were the last real MPC's. I think if NI is going to come out with a new standalone, it should be able to accommodate something that has a sound that is associated with the circuitry inside. I can relate as I said from my Roland MV8800. I would personally pay 2-3k for a standalone that has a better work flow, better circuitry, more hard drive space and memory. In addition I should be able to make music with Kontakt and Maschine expansions in standalone. All NI Kontakt instruments at a minimum. I would buy this before a orange, purple, gray maschine....... Just my thoughts. I understand this is a business, but it is clear consumers are starting to look for Pro level gear. I would think companies would be more willing to listen to the customer after the whole Waves meltdown. I don't mean that as a threat, but I can tell you other companies changed their business model to avoid issues......

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

So, what you're saying is you want new hardware just to have something new for the sake of... having some exciting new thing, not for actual functionality? OK. Then they might as well add 1 button and call it MK4.

Again, MIDI 2.0 is a software feature, not hardware.... it's just a new driver that could be used with the current gen, just like it can on any current computer/interface. If people need new (hw) computers / interfaces for MIDI 2.0 it would take even longer for it to be adopted... I don't think the spec is even finalized yet.

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor
    Options

I’m finally happy with my workflow so I’m not updating anything for a while. But I’m happy to see new hardware if it brings them more sales and keeps developing going on their Maschine/KK ecosystem.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper
    Options

please leave the hardware alone and focus on improving the DAW. the push 2 still relevant to this day

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

My #1 would be S88 MK3, but a more entry level version, without the screens. Just the controls, and the great keybed - which would save a fair bit on COGs.

• D-One
    Options

So basically an A61 with a couple more octaves and fatar keybed?

The screens are cheap, removing them shouldn't make much difference in the price, the keybed is whats actually expensive afaik.

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 103 Helper
    Options

I got the maschine studio and jam along with a s49 and I think its a pity they stopped making the studio and jam, so much more flexibility and they all talk to each other with basically zero lag. To have something that equates to the entirety of maschine in hardware form is a great time

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 414 Guru
    Options

What I want is to have scale/arp/chords performance functions in hardware and proper CC MIDI mapping, Velocity curves, lights on/off with profile saving also in hardware (like M-Audio Oxygen Pro or Novation SL Mk3/Launchkey Mk3), then I will happily buy KK keyboard again.

Otherwise, I won't. I will not put all eggs into one basket with NI anymore. I don't want to use KK plugin as a wrapper for everything anymore. And I want Kontakt to talk directly to KK keyboard (lights, key switches, etc.).

It's a hopeless dream, I know. NI, please surprise me.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,765 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hopefully NI recently adding 'Poly Aftertouch' to the tags in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine is a nice clue for a new controller keyboard coming with poly aftertouch.

I think it's obvious the next version will be HDPI, Kontakt 7's browser is clearly the 'template' for a new KK browser. I'm guessing this is one of the main reason's NI have been slow to implement this in the current KK

What I do hope for are:

Touch screens

More knobs and mappable buttons

Better saving/exporting for midi templates

Flexible user pages (that can be reordered) and better support for user NKS authoring (including bank names, built in support for adding graphics and database files, and a more usable editor)

Open up the ability to create sound previews and to remap controller pages for multiple NKS in one go

MPE

MIDI 2

MTS/ESP and broader micro tuning support (including custom tunings)

Multis including multiple plugins and fx

Saveable FX chains

A proper FX version with full automation support

Maschine to finally fully support any new NI keyboards (this means at the very least support for aftertouch)

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

Yeah - I just think Arturia did the right thing with their Essential 88 - it's not a Fatar keybed, but it feels much weightier with the full key windth, and depth. Always learn from competitors, I'd say.

• D-One
    Options

You guys should place bets, whoever gets it right wins a 50$ voucher 😂